*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596037-What-are-you-going-to-do-to-him
Rated: 13+ · Book · Cultural · #1437803
I've maxed out. Closed this blog.
#596037 added July 12, 2008 at 8:18pm
Restrictions: None
What are you going to do to him?
    What’s with Jesse Jackson? I mean The Reverend Jesse Jackson.
    I’ve always looked the other way when he does some of his things he does. He’s in the political arena; he’s not really a preacher any more. Maybe temptation was too great a few times. However, these latest comments about Obama lead me to believe he should not be allowed to call himself reverend.
    What kind of reverends talk about doing someone bodily harm? How can he preach peace or love or brotherhood and speak in violent terms? His temper makes him no better, no different from the common man on the streets.
      He has degraded the position of reverend too many times. He is not a worthy model for young ministers or politicians, or young people in general. He no longer deserves the title of Reverend. He has forgotten what it means and the responsibility that comes with it. Whatever good he has accomplished will pale in the light of this last temperamental outburst. 
      Don’t we have standards for someone who calls him- or her-self “reverend”? The word obviously has lost its meaning for him, so why can’t he be asked to stop using it?

© Copyright 2008 Pumpkin (UN: heartburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Pumpkin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/596037-What-are-you-going-to-do-to-him