*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598871-Day-1-Task-1--Im-Lost
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1456010
SECOND PLACE! - Season Three Author's Spotlight Competition
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#598871 added July 28, 2008 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
Day 1 Task 1: I'm Lost
I'm Lost!
Carol Marsella




"I'm lost," cried Baby Bel. "Can you help me to find my way home?" he asked the man in the blue bathing suit.

"I cannot," said the Lifeguard. "I do not know where you come from, but I can help you get out of this cove."

"Oh no," said Baby Bel. "I am afraid to go where I do not know what is ahead."

"What is ahead can be no worse than what is right here," answered the Lifeguard. "If you stay here, surely you will never see your home again. But if you let me help you out, it will be a step in the right direction."

"Thank you," said Baby Bel "I believe I would like to try the step in the right direction. Please help me out of this cove."

And the lifeguard gathered many of his friends. Together they all helped Baby Bel over the sandbar that blocked the way in or out of the cove.

And Baby Bel was on his way...



~o0o~




"I'm lost," cried Baby Bel. "Can you help me to find my way home?" he asked the fisherman.

"I cannot," snapped the slime covered man in the smelly boat. "Go away!"

"But I do not know which way to go!" cried Baby Bel. "I am lost!"

"Go that way!" the man shouted, pointing north with a crooked finger.

"But I do not know if it is the right way," Baby Bel protested. "I will stay where I am. At least I know I am here."

"You cannot stay here!" the snarly man hollered. "If you stay here you will be ensnared in my nets and you will never see your home again. If you go north, at least it will be a step out of danger."

"Thank you," said Baby Bel "I believe I would like to try the step out of danger."

And the mean snarly man in the smelly slimy boat hoisted up his nets and let Baby Bel pass.

And Baby Bel was on his way...



~o0o~




"I'm lost," cried Baby Bel. "Can you help me to find my way home?" he asked the young family playing on the shore.

"What is your name?" asked the children. "Stand back! It might be dangerous!" bellowed the man.

"I am not dangerous." said Baby Bel. "My name is Baby Bel, and I am lost. Danger is one step to the south."

"Can we keep him?" shouted the boy. "Oh yes, may we?" shouted the girl.

"If you keep me, will this be my home?" asked Baby Bel

"We cannot keep him, Children," said the woman with a voice as soft as a cloud. This is a Beluga Whale and he needs to be home with his momma, just as you need to be here with me."

"But I cannot find my way to my home," Baby Bel whimpered. "Please, may I stay here with you and be your Baby Bel?"

"Do not worry, Baby Bel," said the lady. "Continue to the North, and each day you will be one step closer to home. If you stay on course, you will be where you are supposed to be, when you are supposed to be there. Do you understand, Baby Bel?"

"No. But I believe you, and I will go to the North, and I will keep to my course."

And Baby Bel was on his way...



~o0o~




Baby Bel continued to the North.

Even though he had a few frights, and more than a few mishaps, and a couple of run ins with sharks who would like to eat him, he never strayed from his course.

And one day, along the way...

Baby Bel heard a voice so familiar, he knew in an instant that he was home at last. "Baby Bel?" said the large white whale. "Is that you, my precious one? I have been waiting for you for a very long time. Come close to me and stay forever."

There was a huge celebration. And every other beluga whale came to welcome Baby Bel home "You are home at last!" they cried. "You can never be lost again."

It was a wonderful party, and when it was over, Baby Bel and his momma swam lazily back to their pod.

"Momma?" Baby Bel asked.

"Yes, Baby Bel?" asked Momma in return.

"What's a step?"

"I don't know." said momma. "Does it matter?"


The end.
W/C 730





Carol


** Image ID #1455312 Unavailable **

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY AMAZING ADOPTEES:
fiercepeace AND ~Avalia of Len~

I am proud to be a member of the following groups, as well:

"Invalid Item  "The Talent Pond  "Invalid Item
"Invalid Item  "The Writer's Workshop  "Invalid Item
© Copyright 2008 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 (UN: bookmeister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/598871-Day-1-Task-1--Im-Lost