*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599873-Day-6-Task-2--THE-FINISH-LINE
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1456010
SECOND PLACE! - Season Three Author's Spotlight Competition
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#599873 added August 2, 2008 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Day 6 Task 2 THE FINISH LINE!
I believe the secret message, once unfurled, reveals my final task: "Spotlighters, please do whatever unfinished tasks."

I am delighted to have made it to the finish line. Although at times I faltered, I made it to this point. This delights me to no end.

I was unable to complete my Spotlight Acquaintance Challenge only because I had not had responses form all my contacts. As of now I have received correspondences from all.

To complete the task I needed to produce 2 contacts from each round.

I was able to do this for our current round, having heard from each and every one of my fellow contestants, and from round 2, having heard from the two I choose. Round 1, however, was proving to be a problem, since I could never see anyone on line, my presumption was they were likely on vacation. *BIGSMILE*

Finally, though, I received this last contact from Simply Nisa, whom I choose because she has reviewed my port in the past, always with encouragement and wonderful insightful ideas and edits. Now I can see into why she reviews the way she does. Choosing to interview her has turned into a blessing for me.

May I present: Simply Nisa!

A bit about yourself: First off, If you care to share, I would like to know if
you are male or female. --Country and state. --(Hobby other than writing, if any.
Favorite book, movie or song? - Anything else you might like to share?)

I am female... I live in U.S.A. the state is Oklahoma. My other hobby is photography esp black and white as with pictures in color you are sidetracked by color and with black and white you see the form the outline and even the reflections in the person's eyes..The emotions are seen and felt.. I also love cooking making up receipes and such. I adore crocheting and singing and...well between you and me.... I love to jump in mud puddles... you know like when I was a kid, me and my teens at least once a year or so... jump in at least one mud puddle...

2, How old were you when you realized you had a passion for, or need to write?

I was ten years old. I lived in the country and often ran out of books to read so I began writing my own or I would take a book I had read and write the characters back to life in another book which followed the one I had read.

3. How have you pursued writing - that is, did you formally study writing at university
level? Perhaps you have taken or are taking a few local creative writing courses? Or do
you (like me) consider WDC your University Experience?

I studied writing at RSC whick is Rogers State University in Oklahoma. I have a degree in Business Adminstration, specializing in medical terminology but while in college all my elected classes were writing theory, liteature, journaling and short shorts... I do have 10 credits in writing but feel your life and experiences is the best class ever along with writing.com.

4. What are your preferred type and genre to write?

I preferr to write fiction I guess because you can develope your storyline and characters as you wish, break life rules and welll I guess its when you can legally lie and receive applause....I guess its like your parents teach you truth and fiction allows me to lie... But then... I adore journaling and poetry...

5. What are your preferred type and genre to read?

I love Hitcock type books along with poetry that tells a story and mystery and short stories. I love fiction but I also like life stories. My favorite writer is Lisa Scottoline of her books I like Misstaken identy and Daddy's Girl, mainly because she is one of the few writers... I can't predict the endings...

6. How did you find your way to WDC?

I found here from Google and I have been here a little over a year. And how long have you been here?

7. Do you enjoy reviewing the writing of others?

I love reviewing mainly because I love reading...I adore charactters and love to watch as they come alive and speak to me. Does it help you, or is it just a chore to you?

I like reviewing because it helps me to re look at my own writing like.... if a writer seems to use certain words too often, I then go back and look at my writing and sometimes... I find I too am guilty or if they spent too much time describing a teapot, I look and see if I have fallen in that trouble, seeing the best in others and what they need to work on... can also show us our needs in our own writing.


8. Are you a published writer?

Only in a few magazines about 8 years ago.

Did WDC play a role, or did you arrive in that condition?

No it didn't but we can keep our eye out for a chance.

9. Can you describe, introduce us to your muse?

By muse I am assuming which I do not like to do you are referring to the one who has inspired me or been the reason I continue on...

Actually my first muse was Shelly Marroon she was my 7th grade classmate and often read my poetry. What inspired me the most was a English assignment, to find a poem we liked and share it with the class. I chose Edgar Allen Poe, naturally, but when it came time for Shelly to read hers, she being shy and hating public speaking, walked up there with confidence and a big smile before starting, and stated she was taking a chance, and begged the class to really listen to this piece. She started (reading) and I about died!!! It was one of mine!! When she finshed, she said "and the author is (and said my name). The teacher dropped her pencil and with mouth open, and man did I want to hide... The class of 7th graders including the boys all started clapping, and you know, they liked it... the teacher gave me praise I never imagained... In my year book the teacher wrote to a wonderful poet and writer and in my books you are a writer not one trying to be but you are already. and then my mom, who always and even now, asks what I am writing and believes in me, she says I am one who has something to say and says it well for I feel it...

My brother was in a bad accident 10 years ago, he was crippled, before recovery he was in pain state where they kept him knocked out a lot for hours and days and my mom would sit beside him reading my writing, poetry, short stories and she did this for hours so he could hear her voice, but she diodn't know what to say soooo she just read and well, she has notebooks full of my writing... my brother told me later he loved it, because he said " I knew I was still alive as long as mom kept reading to me..." So I guess those are my muses, the ones who inspire me..


10. When you write, do you have a set time and place, or is the world your inspiration
and canvas?

No set time or place, I carry paper constantly and a tape recorder and I jot down stuff and a lot of people's mannerisms and details and later I began the next story...

I hope I have not rambled on and on and on... lol and hope there is something within my lines that introduce myself to you and maybe even made you smile a bit.... If you find time you could answer the same questions for me....

Even when we have no paper or pen... our mind writes what our heart feels....

SimplyNisa



What a lovely and fitting finish to my Author's Spotlight tasks...

Carol


*FLOWER3*  A WDC Must Read!  *FLOWER3*
Variations - 'The Road Not Taken'  (E)
What if Shel Silverstein, Poe, Emily Dickinson or Tolkien had written Robert Frost's poem?
#1428182 by Ben Langhinrichs


** Image ID #1455312 Unavailable **

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY AMAZING ADOPTEES:
fiercepeace AND ~Avalia of Len~

I am proud to be a member of the following groups, as well:

"Invalid Item  "The Talent Pond  "Invalid Item
"Invalid Item  "The Writer's Workshop  "Invalid Item
© Copyright 2008 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 (UN: bookmeister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/599873-Day-6-Task-2--THE-FINISH-LINE