*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600140-NOTICE-My-InkSpot--InkSpotCom-Beta
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#600140 added August 4, 2008 at 1:05am
Restrictions: None
[NOTICE] "My InkSpot" @ InkSpot.Com (Beta)
Greetings Members!

First and foremost, this new feature is for members with a Premium Membership or above. Please, no hate mail that I made you read the whole announcement and didn't tell you it was a Premium Membership feature. *Smile*

This is an "unofficial" announcement that we're opening up a beta testing on our newest feature:

         My Inkspot @ InkSpot.Com

Members can now activate a "copy" of their portfolio at @ InkSpot.Com. The system's setup process is available within your My Portfolio -> Settings area. Once there, you'll see the link for My InkSpot.Com Setup.

The setup process allows beginners a quick and easy setup, while allowing members with more knowledge of HTML and website design the ability to further customize their InkSpot.

For en example, I've setup My InkSpot:
          http://www.InkSpot.Com/authors/storymaster

Writing.Com is filled with tools and links, InkSpot.Com is your "Spot" - well, "InkSpot". Consider Writing.Com your back office to your InkSpot.Com front-end space.

Member account on InkSpot.Com are interchangeable with those on Writing.Com.
That means that access restrictions work between sites, groups included! And, if you have a forum on Writing.Com that's accessible by a passkey, it'll work just as well on InkSpot.Com.

Item tags, user tags, etc all work the same. If there's a link to an item or a user on InkSpot.Com that whom has not activated their InkSpot (either by choice or by membership restriction), that link will bounce right over to Writing.Com.

We're opening this early on in the testing process so members can experiment with the styling options available and let us know what they'd like to see in the future.

We'll be adding plenty more features, including the ability to choose whether items are accessible on just Writing.Com, just InkSpot.Com or both!

At this point, rating and reviewing are non-functional and there is really no means to get feedback from your InkSpot unless you add an email link to any of your HTML areas.

Blogs do not show calendars, links, etc. We'll fix that and they will.

I am excited to see how our members use this new innovation from Writing.Com... and we look forward to providing more tools in the future!

Best wishes,
~~SM

© Copyright 2008 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600140-NOTICE-My-InkSpot--InkSpotCom-Beta