*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601014-Children-Go-Where-I-Send-Thee
Rated: ASR · Book · Animal · #787561
Anything parrot-related.
#601014 added February 10, 2009 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Children Go Where I Send Thee
Bryan burst into my office room last night while I tried working on one of my writing projects. He was excited. Maya sat perched on his finger and he was telling me how she recognized something he used to tell her when she was a baby bird.


”She turned her head and I SWEAR she remembers.” His face beamed and I didn’t really want to say that I wasn’t quite convinced. Maybe he was misreading signals. You know interpreting her behavior into something he wanted it to mean.

On impulse, triggered by his words, I told him I used to sing her a song (Children Go Where I Send Thee). During the fall and approaching winter of 2000 I worked as a teacher’s assistant in a Special Ed class for EBD kids –emotional / behavioral disorders. I was responsible for taking the class to music and staying there to assist with class management. The music teacher taught them the Children Go song. I loved it and sang it to Maya.

So, when Bryan described how she remembered his little sentence…I started singing the song. I pulled it up on youtube to help me remember the words.

Lo and behold, I know she remembered. She cocked her head to the side, drooped her wings and stared at me. I had her immediate attention.

It was pretty cool.

Here’s the link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT9s2_JhPxE




"You're going to get knocked down. It's whether you stay down or whether you get back up and fight that counts."
--Chris Lofton


The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!
 ON WINTER BREAK  (18+)
Submit your acrostic poetry here to win gps and prizes.CLOSED for WINTER BREAK.
#1199077 by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth

a heart signature
 Sports Arena  (18+)
Post anything sports related. For and by players, fans, & media.
#1374885 by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth





© Copyright 2009 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601014-Children-Go-Where-I-Send-Thee