*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601166-Sunday-August-10-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#601166 added August 10, 2008 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008

         Good morning!  It's about 9:37am (Eastern Standard Time) in the United States of America. 

         The Beijing olympics seem to be moving forward nicely.  May God Bless the Chinese for their concerted effort to make the olympics a phenomenal event.

         My grandsons and I had fun yesterday at the skating rink.  Tyler (6) has picked the dynamics up quickly.  Cody (4) is much too cautious--afraid to pick his feet up once four wheels are underneath him; so, it's taking him a while longer. 

         It was just the opposite on bike riding.  Cody was the first to learn, based on his determination.  He loves anything with wheels thus far, except for skates.  Skates are a bit scary.  We'll see how he does. 

         On roller skates, Tyler is fearless and daring.  He is so pleased with himself and eager to learn more.  After only two lessons, he is talking about learning to skate backwards. 

         I've had a pleasant weekend.  I went for a blood cholesterol test yesterday and then a mammogram.  It's nice when facilities are open on Saturdays for those of us who work during regular office hours. 

         We filed our dissolution papers pro se.  A girl from the pro se office returned my call, informing me that regardless of our filing a stipulation to waive the filing of financial affidavits and filing a marital settlement agreement, it is still mandatory we file financial statements.  Weird.  Why do they want our financial records on public record?  It seems an invasion.  I told her I work in a law office and we've filed such waivers before along with marital settlement agreements, and the filing financial affidavits was not mandatory.  Her almost gleeful response:  "It's different when you file without an attorney."  Why is that?  She further told me our proceeding would be before a Magistrate since we were filing pro se and not a judge.  Our conversation was hard, impersonal.

         I asked the divorce lawyer in our office about it and she said it's no big deal really, that they barely even look at financial affidavits.  She also told me we can file a waiver of mandatory disclosure without a problem.  (So, I prepared the paperwork.)  Also, she said that our magistrate is a very nice person.  The conversation helped me feel a little better about the process. 

         So, now we're working on our financial affidavits. 

         May God bless you exceedingly with a restful Sunday and a pleasant work week.  Take care.

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601166-Sunday-August-10-2008