*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601659-losing-it-all
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #993305
A journal about my life with a compulsive gambler and drug addict
#601659 added August 13, 2008 at 5:42am
Restrictions: None
losing it all
The addictions are taking complete control to the point where I don't even know what he's struggling with anymore. Obviously the gambling and some kind of pills, but I'm lost as to what kind of pills.
Last night one of his friends came calling because he owed him money. Not much, but the friend was simply tired of it happening over and over. Especially when he avoids his calls. They ended up in a fist fight, i let it go on for a few minutes and then broke it up.
Another good friend lost......
The incident made me sit back and take inventory of our lives. It's all been about losing. Losing to this horrible disease. He's buried so deep in his own world that he doesn't even have any friends left. Losing cars, homes, credit, etc is an expected part of the disease and even though devastating you put one foot in front of the other and move on. However, at the end of the day, the only thing that really matters are the ones you love. When you've lost them, you've lost it all.......

© Copyright 2008 LadyCobra (UN: starr68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LadyCobra has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/601659-losing-it-all