*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602803-It-Never-Rains-But
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#602803 added August 19, 2008 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
It Never Rains But...
I had a pleasant weekend with Joy, although the weather and boat trip were a little disappointing. I came home saddened that our trip was over but anticipating a few relaxing days with my sis.

However...always a however isn't there? When hubby picked us up at the bus station to bring us home, little did I realise what was in store. We dropped Joy off and started heading to our house, but then hubby turned into my Dad's street. He hadn't wanted to tell me or spoil my weekend; as far as I knew Dad was fine as hubby had been up there the previous day to fix a second bannister to the wall to aid Dad on the stairs after a fall last week.

When we reached the house, the next door neighbour was at Dad's door and informed us an ambulance had just taken Dad to hospital. The story eventually evolved. Dad had fallen in the downstairs toilet first thing on Sunday morning and was trapped behind the door. My sister had phoned him several times and after getting no reply had phoned Dad's neighbours. Fortunately, the key box we had installed outside the house for Mum's carers is still in place and even more fortunately, we'd given the key code to the neighbours in case of emergency.

The neighbours found him on the floor and with great difficulty lifted him out, but he couldn't walk so they called the emergency services. Dad must have been trapped on the floor for hours and it doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened without intervention.

Dad is still in hospital and although there appears to be no serious injury, he's obviously in shock, bruised and very fragile. He will be assessed physically over a period of time and his future needs looked into. I feel he must accept some outside help now as the risks are too high for him to be alone for any length of time and I cannot be there twenty four hours a day.

Sometimes, I believe my blog reads like a soap drama and no one would believe so much could happen to one person over such a long period of time. Maybe I need to focus on becoming a writer of drama but frankly my dear...

I'd just be content with a dull, bland, boring little life.

© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602803-It-Never-Rains-But