*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602913-A-little-bit-of-Everything
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1188034
Blog on writing; Poetry and short stories - comments, critiques et al.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#602913 added August 20, 2008 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
A little bit of Everything
Well, it's been a few days or so since I last posted on this blog......
Most probably like everyone else, not a whole lot going on right now.....I am watching all the news coming out on a daily basis from the presidental campaigns...Democratic convention coming up starting on Monday, August 25th... Seems like in a lot of ways, the "Clintons" are taking over the show!! A whole host of "exciting" characters scheduled to "take the stage...". In case I do need something to help me sleep..I was glad to hear that "Jimmy Carter" was going to give a speech at the convention.....Borrrrrrrring.....and he is just so "out of touch" with reality!!! Good luch to the Dems.......lol.

I didn't have too much confidence in John Mccain winning the presidency a month or so ago.....but he is really comming on strong. He's just about "neck and neck" with "ole" Barrack....not a good sign for the Dems....Thank God, it looks to be going the way of the "Gore" and "Kerry" campaigns...only a bit worse, it seems, at this stage in the campaign.
I did watch the presidential "discussions" (I guess you might call them) at the "Saddleback Church", the other night. I think that this was best "display" so far in regards to the huge difference between the two candidates! Barrack Obama was his "typical" self - "politically correct" Waaaaaaay over the top....trying to be sooooo smooth (and, in my opinion coming off "slimmy" and "slick")...he just refuses to answer a question! He dances around the issues like "Fred Astaire"....
McCaine, on the other hand, simply tells it like it is....I think he sometimes comes off as a bit "brash" or sometimes says things that are used by the "media pundits" afterward to try to make him look bad....however, like him or hate him,the absolute "bottom line" is that John McCain is genuine
person....he is honest and sincere, and simply says what he means - we'll see if this helps him (seems to be)...most Americans are always saying that they want an "honest" candidate...well, we have one in John Mccain. Unfortunately (especially the politically correct, "far left" liberal wackjobs (and I mean that in the nicest possible way..lol) and even a lot of "normal" people really don't want to hear honesty and sincerity...they would rather latch onto mere "rehetoric" and Bullsh*t about "we can make a difference..." or "yes we can.." crap. That's not a policy or idea...it's simply slick and slimmy bullsh*t that Obama is trying to use to cover up his "true" agenda. The simple fact is that Obama is a "socialist" (at best) and WILL absolutely raise our taxes....significantly increase the size of government....and will hurt the average American working man and woman.
I do think the tide is changing.....I now think that maybe Americans are "smartening" up.. Personally, I would rather have a "genuine" and honest person as President as opposed to someone who has no "track record" and refuses to tell us what he thinks and what he would do.....
For the good of America, I'm praying for a McCain presidency!!!

Just another short subject.....
I have a home in Bradenton, Florida that we bought in April of this year (will be our "retirement" home and permanent residence within about a year of so....).
Was a bit on "pins and needles" over my first experience "worrying" about a hurriane coming close to where our home is located.
As it turned out, "Tropical Storm Fay" turned out to be kind of "dudd" .....thank God for that.
Although, we don't have any home owners insurance on the place as of yet, this latest experience has me checking out what it would cost to insure the place.
It might be a little expensive to insure the place, but it sure will provide a lot of "peace of mind".
Especially if the next "big one" turns out to be a "catagory 4 or 5"......

Hope to hear from some of you out there....whether you agree or disagree with my thoughts.

God Bless.........

Rick

© Copyright 2008 Richard Vance (UN: rickv1955 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard Vance has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/602913-A-little-bit-of-Everything