*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604595-Another-week-has-passed
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#604595 added August 30, 2008 at 4:57pm
Restrictions: None
Another week has passed
...and I'm busy as usual. We visited the CHP Dispatch center and the Sheriff's Dispatch center at work this week. Both places were very interesting and I thought it was amazing how they did things differently from us and it still worked.

****

I got my copy of "Trockle" by Holly Jahangiri with illustrations by Jordan M. Vineyard. I'll be featuring Holly & Jordan in a Blog tour on 16 Sep. Trockle is a Children's story about "the monster under the bed." It's very cute and I definitely think it will appeal to kids. "Trockle" was published by Vivian 's publishing company, 4RV publishing, LLC. If you get a chance, check it out or write to Viv for more information. I love WDC and I'm a strong supporter of those who are published on Writing.com.

FYI - If you want to check out their blog tour when it comes, it will featured on my OFFICIAL website's blog at: http://sgcardin.tripod.com/blog

***

Well, I haven't gone to the movies, but I did finish the book I was reading, "Push Not the River," by James. C Martin. "PNTR" is the book prior to "Against A Crimson Sky." I loved PNTR. The love story between Anna and Jan is very sweet, yet they have to fight to be with each other. Zofia is definitely an interloper, but there's more to it than that. As Poland falls apart, Anna and Jan struggle to find and be with another. It's a great book. The plot and pacing are spot on. Anna is the main character, but Zofia is a very dynamic supporting character. I'll have a review up shortly. Anyone else read any good books?

***

As usual, my writing has suffered. The only thing I managed to do was put together my article for "The Thin Blue Line," a magazine for LAPD by their union, The Police Protective League.

***

Well, the Olympics are done and I missed the opening ceremony. *Frown* I found the Olympics fun and nice summer event to watch.

***

Barack Obama accepted the nomination of his party this week and I thought he gave a great speech. I popped over to his website to check it out. It had a lot of cool stuff, but I had to go to another website to order my magnet bumper sticker. I have to admit, I haven't seen too many political stickers on the cars in the LA area. I think this area was big for "Hillary." Not so surprisingly, I don't see many "W" or "McCain" bumper stickers. Just an observation.

I do think McCain's pick for VP was inspired but I'm curious to see how her firing of a state official (because that official wouldn't fire her ex-brother-in-law) will play out.

Smiles,
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604595-Another-week-has-passed