*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604899-If-it-keeps-on-rainin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#604899 added September 1, 2008 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
If it keeps on rainin'...
...the levee's going to break...

Interesting story behind the Led Zeppelin tune, "When the Levee Breaks," if Wikipedia is to be believed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_the_Levee_Breaks

"When the Levee Breaks" is a blues song written and first recorded by husband and wife Kansas Joe McCoy and Memphis Minnie in 1929. The song is in reaction to the upheaval caused by the Great Mississippi Flood of 1927.
...
The song was recorded at a different tempo, then slowed down. Plant then sang in the sort-of-in-between key the song was now in (approximately F minor), which explains its sort of flat and sludgy sound, particularly on the harmonica and guitar solos. Because this song was heavily produced in the studio, it was difficult to recreate live. The band only played this song a few times in the early stages of their 1975 U.S. Tour.


Anyway, so far it doesn't look like a repeat of Katrina. Still, I continue to question the wisdom of living below sea level, unless of course it's in a self-contained continental shelf habitat.

Now that would be cool.

© Copyright 2008 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/604899-If-it-keeps-on-rainin