*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605779-Another-First
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#605779 added September 6, 2008 at 9:42pm
Restrictions: None
Another First
Babies are all about firsts: the first smile, the first laugh, the first rollover - you get the drift.

There are other firsts not so fun.

My baby caught his first cold. It started yesterday, but I wasn't certain that's what he had. Now I am with the flushed cheeks, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, lots of sleep, and all-around fussiness. No fever, thank goodness.

Poor little guy.

He's such a trooper, though. We went to Walmart and Hobby Lobby with Mom and he was his normal, quiet and absorbing-all-the-sights-and-sounds self. When I gave him a new toy, he giggled, and he wasn't above flirting with my mom and all the other ladies who fawned over him.

He despises when I wipe his nose though! Oh, does he get pissed at me. Takes after his mom, I suppose. I hated my face wiped when I was little, too.

Now that he's bedded down for the night, I will tackle more editing that I've fallen behind on. Caught a bit of a cold meself, I haven't had the gumption to do much except take care of Thomas and catch up on my sleep.

G'Night all.

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605779-Another-First