*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605912-Home-again
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#605912 added September 7, 2008 at 8:19pm
Restrictions: None
Home again
As most of you know, thanks to Mr.Monk- GPs for the poor , my stepfather passed away Thursday morning. He was diagnosed with acute leukemia Saturday and went into the hospital Sunday night. The doctor at the hospital told my mother that this form of leukemia was like a tsunami or a volcano erupting, because it takes you quickly. The funeral was yesterday, The out-of-town relatives left today. My mother has dealt with everything extremely well. I'm proud of her. My grandmother is with her right now, but I believe she will be going home tomorrow. Mama acted like she was kind of ready for everybody to go home so things could settle down and she could deal with it on her own terms. She is a strong woman.

Thank you to Mr.Monk- GPs for the poor for checking on me, and for the c-note from *Barbara Maria* . You guys rock.

I have tomorrow off. I may have Tuesday and Wednesday off too, I think. I'm just going to rest, I think. I believe the kids and I are fixing to put on our pajamas and veg in front of the TV.

Nighty night.

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605912-Home-again