*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607454-Alarmed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#607454 added May 10, 2014 at 6:00am
Restrictions: None
Alarmed




I Second That Devotion.

Our attempt to emulate our Saturday Series Logo.


Contrary to rumours, hubby and I were up and ready this morning at the crack of...well, early for us anyway and sat awaiting Nada's call regarding meeting up before heading home. *Cry*

The phone call arrived and Nada informed us she and Lance had evacuated their hotel. In my half asleep state I thought she meant they were on their way to see us, but it turned out they had literally had to leave the premises as someone had set off the security alarms. Read Nada's blog to discover how badly organised and unthinking our supposed top hotels are. I shudder to think how the Olympics will ever take place in our capital city.

Anyway, Lance was obviously in need of recovery time so Nada walked to our hotel to join us. Despite the annoying event and the potential seriousness of it, she regaled the tale of the false alarm in her usual, inimitable humourous way and painted some very funny visuals. Talking of funny visuals -





Well, we did write about being Dancing Queens in our series. Atlas has nothing on this gal. . *Laugh*


Anyway, Nada was telling us about how no one in their hotel came to ask if she may need any help with Lance. *Angry* She mentioned there were three bell pulls in their room to alert assistance and just as she demonstrated pulling one with her left hand the alarms in our hotel started to go off. How did she do that? *Rolleyes*

Despite wanting to escape from the awful noise, our curiosity got the better of us and we waited around to see if there would be an announcement that we needed to evacuate our hotel. Good job Lance didn't accompany her; two evacuations in one morning could seriously damage your health.

However, nothing happened apart from a few members of staff moving around at a slightly increased pace and then the alarm stopped. We said our goodbyes *Cry* and Nada headed for the front exit of the hotel, while we took the back one to the car park.

Although a little watery eyed I had to smile at the scene outside our hotel.





It seems the hotel alarm was automatically diverted to the emergency services and a fully staffed fire engine sent out to investigate. No wonder England is so expensive when so much public money is spent on false alarms.

The icing on the cake was yet to come. As hubby drove away from the hotel around at least fifty hotel staff walked around the corner towards the hotel entrance. Nice to think in an emergency that they'd all be evacuated from the building to safety, yet the paying guests would just be blown to smithereens or burnt to a cinder before they'd finished sipping their very overpriced tea. How caring.

It seems Murphy just loves hanging out with Nada and I. I loved hanging out with Nada too. *Heart*






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607454-Alarmed