*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607740-The-Irony-of-a-Camera
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#607740 added September 18, 2008 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
The Irony of a Camera
You know what's ironic? The whole time I was working at the juvie prison, I never had a camera in my room. There was one OUTSIDE my room in the courtyard, which they installed while I was working there, so it hadn't even been there all that long.

Now that I am at a regular school, I have a camera in my room. Two, in fact. Both of which have been installed a lot longer than the one at the juvie prison had.

The difference is that at the juvie prison, I know the people did watch the screen. There was one man downtown who did nothing but sit and watch what was going on, then call the assistant principal about it. Here, I have no idea if anybody is watching or not. I'm rather inclined to think they aren't. At the old job, there were only two places to watch, then when they combined the girls with the boys, only one place. Here there about a million schools in this system - like about 60. I'm pretty sure nobody would be watching unless there were a reason to. I have been tempted to make a vulgar gesture right in front of the camera, or pick my nose.

I wonder who I could hire to dance in front of my camera naked? *Laugh*

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/607740-The-Irony-of-a-Camera