*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608415
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1476131
My collection from High School English Class,10th Grade.
#608415 added September 20, 2008 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
High School Ramblings, 5
Letters to Myself

One day, I was wondering what I would do for a job in the future.  I had built a future-machine that had helped me avoid any major problems. I wrote a letter to my future self.


Dear Future Self,
I have a question. what will I do for a job? I would like to know so that I can prepare myself for that career.
-My Present Self


I put the letter in the future-machine, and it whizzed it off into the future. I didn't know if letters would work, and I hoped for an answer from my Future self. It didn't take very long for a reply to come out of the recieving side of the machine.


Dear Past-Parallel Self,
I am your Future self. I mean, I am your Future-Parallel self, in a parallel universe. I don't knwo what you will do for a job in your universe, but in this universe, you become a very famous writer. Your Future self, and my Parallel self, says that you are going to become a special needs teacher, whatever that means. Here we don't need people like that. If you were here, you would publish your stories that you are in the process of writing. And you will write a sequel to your first story.
Think your story you wrote, as a fifth-grader, was stupid? Your fifth-grade daughter Jennifer found it and re-did it as her own. Then you agreed to publish it for her!
Everyone in your family loves to write. There is on exception to that statement. Your youngest daughter has decided that she likes to dance more than she likes to write. I wonder if that idea will phase out or not.
Your Future-Parallel Self


As I read the letter, I was happy. In the parallel universe, I would become a writer. At least part of me would be able to write as long as I could. What if there was a third parallel universe in which a third parallel-me would become both a writer and an aouthor? While I was pondering that, another letter came out of the future-machine.


Dear Past Self,
Your parallel-future self just wrote me to ask what you will become in this universe. You will be a special needs teacher. That is unless you and your parallel self trade places. It is very unlikely, but it can happen. Your daughter, Jennifer, will become an avid dancer, and your youngest daughter will have an uncanny knack for writing. Oh, before I forget, you will publish your first story, but it will not sell well, so you give up on sharing your stories with anyone but your friends.
Your Future, Un-Parallel Self


I read that letter. I could become a writier or a teacher! What would happen if I wanted to become neither? Then another letter came out of the future-machine.


Dear Past, Diagonal-Parallel Self,
I am your diagonal-parallel future self. My two other parallel selves wrote to me to ask what you would become in this third universe, but they didn't tell you, so here goes...
© Copyright 2008 Arcularis (UN: arcularis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Arcularis has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608415