*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608433-High-School-Ramblings-7
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1476131
My collection from High School English Class,10th Grade.
#608433 added September 21, 2008 at 12:46am
Restrictions: None
High School Ramblings, 7
{Adapted from the Rose Poem}

There once was a young princess. Her name was Clara, and she lived in the Rose Castle. In our century, her age would be equivalent to that of a teenager, not quite yet eighteen, but in the Renaissance, she was a fully grown young woman, and only two days away from her first adulthood birthday. Her father had allowed many suitors to come to the castle to try and please Clara so that she would marry one of them, her.

One day, Clara discovered that she was expecting a child. She worried, for she did not have a husband, and she voiced that concern.

"Which suitor do you think the father is?" Clara's father asked.

"I have no idea, Father."

"Daughter," her mother said, "it might be best to wait until the child is born and then have your father look back in his books to see who the father of the child could be."

"All right, Mother, I will wait."

A few days before her baby was born, Clara was trying to think of names for the baby. She thought about Gwen, Carla, and Jen for a baby girl. For a baby boy, she tried out names like Ron, Jacob, and Don. There were names that she liked, and names that she despised. To her surprise, she thought about names the whole day through!

On the first day in June, Clara came upon perfect names for either boy or girl. For a boy, who would surely be brave, she chose Amadeus. But if the baby was a girl, she decided to go with Rose.

The day Clara gave birth dawned clear and crisp. The baby was a girl whom Clara named Rose. Rose was born with a strange flower that no one had ever seen before. In honor of her new baby, Clara decided to call the flower a rose.

To see if the rose would grow and show more flowers, Clara put it in a pot and put the pot in her window. She hoped the rose would grow, for then she could share it with others.

Days went by. Rose grew, and so did the plant. When Rose was a year old, the plant bloomed, and it was a magnificent sight to see. Clara cut a flower, and gave it to her mother.

"Plant this in your window, Mother."

"What is it, Daughter?"

"It's a flower from my red rose plant." The Queen did as her daughter had told her to.

Meanwhile, Clara's father had been admitting suitors to the castle, so as to pressure his daughter into choosing a husband. Some of the men that came to the castle were princes, for Clara fancied princes. The men that could have been the father to Rose were men that Clara did not particularly like.

The August after Rose turned two, Clara was not happy to discover that she was pregnant again. Word of the rose had spread, and men were sending her letters, asking to be her husband. Clara found that she spent a lot of time reading these letters.

Again, time flew. The end of January presented itself to the Rose Castle. Clara became worried again, for she still did not have a husband. Her mother and father started to worry when she stopped reading letters from the "rose fans".

As February came to a close, a prince came to the Rose Castle.

He presented Clara with a rose. "Princess Clara, I am yours. Will you marry me?"

Clara knew that he had not received a rose from hre plant, and she was fairly certain that she was the only one who had a plant in bloom at this time. "Yes, I will marry you. You are the man that I have been waiting for the whole time!"

Clara and Cory, for that was the prince's name, went to Clara's parents to ask for permission to be married.

"Yes, you may be married," the Queen said. "But only after the child is born, mind you."

A month after the baby was born (a boy that they named Amadeus), Cory and Clara were married in the Rose Castle. The whole kingdom recognized the pair as the pair who created the rose.

[NOTE: the "rose poem" is not posted yet.  this is from a 10th grade portfolio]
© Copyright 2008 Arcularis (UN: arcularis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Arcularis has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/608433-High-School-Ramblings-7