*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609780
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Drama · #1477715
Trina's blogging Area
#609780 added September 28, 2008 at 8:50am
Restrictions: None
YOU have the Power
So many of my friends, including myself, have the daily struggle of finances, marriage, children and career. Many of them are unhappy with one significant part of their lives. Some of them, unfortunately, feel the stress in all aspects.

After doing a lot of thinking, I've come to realize that we are on this earth for a very short time. It could be tomorrow but it could be much longer. Either way, we truly do have to view our existence as temporary and we should live life to the fullest. What if we only had one month to live? Would we appreciate the fact that we were givers only to realize that we never gave to ourselves? Would we appreciate the 9-5 shifts we devoted to a company opposed to following our destiny? Doubtful. Will our families only appreciate our existence then or do they already? Would they feel true sadness or pity us?

What is stopping us from living our true destiny? Was it our decisions in our twenties that hold us back? Thirties? And then some? Was the philosophy of "making your bed and lying it" instilled in us as children? Or is it fear to look beyond those decisions and make our destiny happen? I truly believe it's fear of the unknown.

Realistically, the unknown happens daily. From a slip on the cement to a sudden death of a family member, we are constantly faced with obstacles that we see through to the end. We try to make rational decisions to make the pain go away for everyone around us. Sometimes we harbor much of that pain to allow those around us to heal quicker.

I've made a conscious decision to start living much more positive than I do today. (but I'm a pretty positive person to date) I have come to realize my failures and try to live from them instead of beating myself up. To show appreciation to those who deserve it and I reject those who display any form of malice or disrespect to me. Are they really worth being part of my life...my being?

Positive people live from the heart and not from the head. Positive people believe.

After all, we come into this earth all alone and despite having many friends and loved ones surrounding us, sadly, we will leave this earth alone as well. So during our journey to find our destiny, some of those big decisions must be made alone no matter what the others think is "right".

Live the next 30 days as they are your last and keep me posted on what you would do differently.

© Copyright 2008 trina1972 (UN: trina1972 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
trina1972 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/609780