*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612633-Russian-Media-hold-your-horses
by Joy
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #932976
Impromptu writing, whatever comes...on writing or whatever the question of the day is.
#612633 added October 13, 2008 at 12:14pm
Restrictions: None
Russian Media, hold your horses!
Russia must be living a revival of Anti-Americanism. I found this out when a research link took me to the Pravda’s online page.
http://english.pravda.ru/
After that, each time I look at the Russian press, I find lots of negative things about the US.

In today’s Pravda, top story is: The final shoe on American consumerism is about to fall
Another one is The demise of America
Yet another one:
Embargo Russia? America Had Best Get A Clue
Then another:
The hypocrisy of American democracy
Plus a few more:
On America’s Sickness and Inevitable Destruction
Being too proud of themselves, many Americans don’t know where New York is
George W. Bush has a crowd of skeletons in his closet
The Godfather USA
On the evils of American 'Multiculti'


And all of these are on the same page. With friends like these…!

This is not to say that everything is positive about us. If it were, we wouldn’t be in the hole that we’re in today. The Russian media, however, is not just reporting what happens here; it rejoices over our pain and exaggerates our mistakes.

You’d think we’d made friends with those people. After all, our president looked into Putin’s eyes and saw his soul. After all, we were told we were friends now. After all, we wanted to help them.

Maybe it is Putin’s KGB training that festered in his soul like a hidden cancer, which now spread to the Russian media. Maybe this is the bipolar Russian mentality that surges from one pole to another. Maybe it is just Putin’s politics that attempt to show him as the fearless leader in his people’s eyes. In any case, I did not like what I read. Russia is one good reason we should pick ourselves up and become as strong and independent as we possibly can. I just hope those who resent us like this do not spring any surprises on us when we are not looking.


© Copyright 2008 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/612633-Russian-Media-hold-your-horses