*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614170-These-Guys-Are-on-The-Ball
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#614170 added October 22, 2008 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
These Guys Are on The Ball
I received the following email this morning from Booksurge:

Hi Andra,

Thanks for submitting your files. We have reviewed them and there is one concern that needs to be addressed before we can move forward.

The page numbers on all left hand (even) pages appear on the inside (gutter) margins. This is fine as long as it is your intention. Please note each book begins on the right hand page.

You may choose to move forward with the page numbers in the gutter margins, but we will need your explicit permission to do so.

Your cover file looks fine and will not need to be resubmitted.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Thanks again, Andra! We look forward to hearing from you and getting your work print ready!

Have a wonderful day!


I’m impressed and grateful they noticed that detail. It’s one I never even considered. After looking at other books, sure enough, the page number is either centered or on the outside margin.

I could have left it, but I decided it will look better with the numbers on the outside. After playing with WordPerfect, I figured out how to modify my headers and alternate the location of the page numbers.

I love WordPerfect. I’ve used it since the 90s when it had that lovely blue screen and yellow text. It’s much more intuitive and robust than Word.

But since I’m at work, I will have to wait until tonight to resubmit my manuscript. It shouldn’t delay the printing for more than a day or two, I hope.

Yesterday I received an EIN (Employer Identification Number) from the IRS. Applying for it online was super easy — scarily easy. It took all of three minutes to answer all the questions and receive my number.

I want to keep track of all my writing expenditures and payments, and keep them separate from my personal. Right now, I’m accruing only expenditures, so I won’t owe any taxes as far as that goes. I may even owe less to the IRS this year because I can deduct it all.

Speaking of expenditures, I need to spend more and purchase pens and bookmarks to give away as a marketing tool. Thanks to Voxxylady for the internet links.

Dang they sure to make you order a lot! 100 at least depending on the style of pen and bookmark. I hope it doesn’t take 50 years to get rid of them all. I don’t think I’ll live that long. Or if I do, I may not remember what they’re for.

© Copyright 2008 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614170-These-Guys-Are-on-The-Ball