*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614480-Sleep
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#614480 added October 24, 2008 at 9:06am
Restrictions: None
Sleep
Yesterday I went home, put my comfortable clothes on, and got in bed. It was cold and rainy, and I was tired. We had been out every night Monday - Wednesday until 10 p. m. with the revival. Pretty soon Sam came in with the kids. All three kids crawled up there with me. Matt snuggled up to my legs and went to sleep. This was at 4:30 yesterday afternoon.

I have always been a firm believer in letting sleeping children lie. I have an incredible aversion to waking them up. Even in the morning, I don't like waking them up for school. So I decided to take a chance and see if he would sleep until the morning. He did! Now I feel smug. *Smirk* That gives me a good feeling to know that he caught up on his sleep.

Emily had her own sleeping issues. A girl in her class had told her about the plot of a scary movie that she watched. Emily still had it in her mind, so she was scared to go to sleep. I can't imagine what was in the other girl's parent's mind to let that child watch a scary movie, but anyway. We went through the whole thing of "It wasn't real" and "They are just actors dressed up in costumes." But I know that these things can't be logic-ed away. I remember when I was about 13 and staying at home by myself during the summer while my mother went to work. I made the mistake of reading The Amityville Horror. It scared me so bad I couldn't stay at home by myself for a couple of weeks. So, remembering this, I sat with Em until she could go to sleep. I haven't had to do this in years. I hope she's over it by tonight. That just shows how what gets in your mind will affect you.

Anna Claire went to sleep just fine. She's a miniature earth mother. In fact, her nickname is "Little Mommy." She puts her stuffed animals to bed every night. They rotate - she lets them take turns sleeping with her. Last night she had about four lying on her bed, all covered up and snug. When we kiss her goodnight, we have to kiss the stuffed animals too - it would hurt their feelings if we didn't.

Such is life with three kids. *Wink*

© Copyright 2008 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/614480-Sleep