*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615109-Only-one-note-but-its-still-La
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#615109 added October 27, 2008 at 8:51pm
Restrictions: None
Only one note but it's still La
My Dad has been asking for new spectacles and a hearing aid for ages. I phoned seperate companies who would do the tests at his home a long time ago, but by some strange coincidence they both arranged appointments for today.

So, at the crack of ten this morning I arrived at his house and answered all the questions he couldn't hear for the visiting optician. Dad was quick to tell them he doesn't like the specs he has which have metal arms and shuffled off to find an old pair with plastic arms which he told them he prefers.

Prescription written and payment made in full, the opticians left with the promise the specs will be ready in three weeks. So, off we shot to the supermarket to do his and our own shopping before the hearing aid people arrived.

That task accomplished it was time to make tea for the next visitors while they asked Dad questions about his hearing. His answers ranged from 'Huh?' to 'I beg your pardon,' so they'd obviously come to the right place. *Rolleyes*

After a few minutes it was established he has wax in his ears which has to be removed before an accurate hearing test can be carried out. So, the nice young man packed his briefcase and went away with the promise of arranging aother appointment once the offending wax has been removed.

'I'll arrange an appointment for you to have your ears syringed,' I said to Dad as I filled the bucket to mop the kitchen floor.

'Huh?'

'I'll call in at the doctors on my way back home and see about it.'

'I beg your pardon.' *Rolleyes*

I finish mopping the floor, unload his shopping and go have a little chat to Mum in her vacant bedroom. *Cry*

'Okay Dad. I'll get off now and let you know about the appointment.'

'Anyway,' he says. 'I'll need a bit of time to get used to these new glasses.'

'I beg your pardon,' says I. It's catching obviously.

'Well, it will take me a while to adjust to them.'

'Dad, the glasses you're wearing are the old ones you showed the optician. Your new ones won't arrive for three weeks.'

'Huh?'

Sis and I decided a while back it will still be the same land minus one La. This world will never be the same without Mum in it, but we still keep walking away singing La La La La La.

And we're very aware it won't be long before we become permanent residents either. *Shock*



© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/615109-Only-one-note-but-its-still-La