*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617477
by JT.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Detective · #1491785
Crime Mystery - Book for the Nano
#617477 added June 28, 2009 at 10:21pm
Restrictions: None
Flashback
         Walking past the crime scene tape for the first time, John was unsure as to what he was expecting him to see. Images of blood stained walls, carpet and bodies floated through his mind, causing him to smile inwardly when he thought of crime shows on television and how they rarely actually captured what an actual murder scene would look like. John made his way to the front door of the house to the officer that was standing guard there and flashed his badge identifying him as a detective. Looking at the nameplate on the officers shirt, John noticed that his name was A. Schmidt.
         "Hey, can you tell me where the room with the bodies are?" John asked him as he shook his hand.
         "Sure thing Detective, its on the second floor at the far end of the hallway to the right. Trust me, you won't be able to miss it." With a muttered 'Thanks' John had a bad feeling about what he and Keith might find. Looking over his shoulder to make sure that Keith was still behind him and motioned for him to follow. Heading up the stairs he felt a strange mixture of fear and excitement filled him, these feelings worried him as he hadn't them both at the same time for a few years. For a moment he went back in time to a place for from Minneapolis, but quickly snapped out of the flashback and back to reality. The past was the past and there was nothing that he could do about it. He continued to move through the upstairs hallway towards the bedroom. At the bedroom he was greeted with a grisly scene.
         Blood was all over the place. dried blood covered the walls and ceiling while pools of blood still sat moist near were the body of the man was laying. The bed held the body of the woman and what was probably all of her blood lay in pools on the sheets. Her body was stretched out over the bed, her legs and arms stretched out and tied to the four bed posts. Her body was full of bruises and cuts from head to toe. The body of the man did not appear to have been as brutally handled as hers. It looked as though he had been shot through the chest and stomach several times while he was moving towards the door.
© Copyright 2009 JT. (UN: varius at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JT. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617477