*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619280
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Drama · #1496912
Story of making it through child abuse.
#619280 added November 18, 2008 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Trouble Maker
In the morning I woke up early, it was the first day of school. I was nervous. I got dressed in my prettiest outfit and put my hatchetman charm on. "Good morning!" A cheerful high-pitched voice greeted me as I entered the kitchen. It was Gina. Uncle Robbie was sitting at the table, drinking coffee and text messaging. "Hi, you must be the girl my uncle is f***ing." I stated rudely. "Watch your damn mouth Ehvie." Uncle Robbie reprimanded me, not even looking up from his phone.

The girl stared at me. Her pearly white smile had vanished. She spun around angrily, tossing her long shiny hair over her shoulder. I smirked. "I'm probably going over to Zek's house after school Uncle Robbie. Do you have second shift again?" I asked, walking over to him. He looked up at me and smiled. "Jeez Ehv, you look gorgeous." He grinned from ear to ear. I smiled. "Thank you...and second shift?" I asked again. "Huh? Oh, yeah."

I leaned down and kissed his forehead, then looked up at Gina. She was glaring at me. Her light brown eyes had jealousy written all over them. "I'm off to school." I said. "'Kay baby, I'll see you tonight." he took a sip of his coffee as I opened the screen door. "Oh!" he stopped me, "Be home by ten tonight. Got me little one?" I nodded. "Good.

The school day was much better than I had imagined it would be. Although I suppose meeting Kara the night before had helped, since she was in three of my classes, and Zek was in two. I was thankful for him. By the end of the day I had met several new people, and when the last bell rang I gather my things together and went in search of Zek. However after about 10 minutes of looking for him, I gave up and left for home. "Ehvie!" A familiar voice called my name out as I began walking down the sidewalk. Turning around, I saw James pulling up beside me. "Come on, I'll take you home Ehvie, my dear." His blue-green eyes sparkled. I got in and kissed Jamie on the cheek. I asked about going to find Zek, and James was all for it. We drove a few blocks and pulled up in Zek's driveway to find him sitting on the porch, kicked back with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He took the cigarette out and slammed the chair down on all four legs, springing to his feet.

"Hiya guys!" he said taking a drag and throwing the smoke on the ground to stomp it out. "Hey ya little crack head." James ruffled Zek's shaggy brown hair. "Where were you after school?" I asked, following them inside the small house. "Eh, I’m suspended for the next to days. No smoking in class." he said falling back on the couch. He sighed. "Can't wait to tell Dad."

"Ehvie, can you go get me a beer?" Zek asked. Without responding, I walked into the cramped kitchen. The stove, refrigerator and dishwasher were all touching. I grabbed a can of Bud Light for Zek and went back out to the living room. "Thanks babe." I hadn't bothered getting one for James because he didn't really like beer. I sat down on his lap. "As I was telling Jamsey here," Zek continued, "my dad is going to kick my ass for getting suspended again."

James interrupted, "You're gonna get your ass kicked out if you don't stop all this shit." Zek grinned, "Well I'll just come live with you man."

"I dunno Zek. Me and Kyle don't really have much room at our apartment." Kyle was James's roommate. "But if you really need somewhere to stay you could sleep on the couch as long as you need to."

I prayed Zek wouldn't be so stupid as to actually get kicked out of his Dad's place too. Even his older brother Sean and his sister Rachael didn't want him living with them if he got kicked out.
© Copyright 2008 Wednesday (UN: xxwednesdayxxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wednesday has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619280