*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619610-The-plan-destined-to-fail
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1497222
A man with no manners at all is forced to take on trials to help him find his treasure
#619610 added November 21, 2008 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
The plan destined to fail
Shun went over to Natalie's house and told her father, Blaine all about it. "Hmm, it seems that the prophecy was true."
"What does the prophecy say old man?"
"It says that when the girl of 5 mana is taken away by a dark force, a legendary hero will use the sword, the Bonryu to save her and the land from eteranl darkness."
"So are you saying that I'm this hero?"
"Of course not you twit! The true hero is kind, sincere, and loving. But since you are the only one brave enough to go after her, I guess I have to rely on a brat like you."
"Why you stubborn old goat! "
"Silence! Take the Bonryu and go!"
"Sure are pushy aren't you old man?"
"Don't take this lightly! My only daughter is about to be sacrificed to the demon gods. I know we haven't seen eye to eye, but please, save my little girl." (Sobbing)
"Don't worry old man, I'll bring her back." "Well you better. The world is at stake!"


Shun grabbed the Bonryu and went back home to gather his things. He soon left the village of Elendia and wandered into the forest of gathered souls. Normally the forest was quiet as a graveyard as souls from every direction gathered into the center of the forest. He made his way to the middle of the forest when he saw Zenith holding a small witch hostage. Forcing her to cast a spell into the fountain that received the lost souls. "You monster!" Shun charged at Zenith as fast as he could with his sword in hand. Zenith simply moved the young girl in front of him to shield himself. "You almost had me you little whelp, but take another step closer and the witch dies. I have already finshed the spell on this accursed fountain. That's one down and four to go." The green fountain began to glow red.
"Why are you doing this to the fountain? Without it souls will wander the world forever until the end of time." "I don't care what happens to these souls! They were weak, most of them are dead because of me anyway! All I know is, is that if I infect the other fountains, brother shall be pleased with me." The witch shoved her elbow deep into Zenith's stomach and she was soon released.


Shun seized the moment and charged directly at Zenith with complete rage. Zenith parried his attack and both were at a stand still. "Nice try you worm, but there's no way a human can defeat the likes of me." "I'm not just some human. I... am a Hero! I won't let you hurt this poor girl anymore!" The fountain began to glow green once again and Shun forced the Bonryu through Zenith's armor. "Gaah! I guess its possible for you to be more than a human. I just didn't think someone like you could defeat me. Normal weapons don't even scratch me." "I am not using an ordinary sword.This is the legendary Bonryu." "Of course. That's why you were able to harm me. Well before I die, I might as well tell you how to save your woman. You see, there are five legendary fountains such as this one. If you look into the fountain with a pure heart, the others shall reveal themselves to you. If you pass the trials of those fountains, you may obtain the power to save your little girl friend." "Wait please tell me where this Dessert is." Zenith lay motionless. Shun walked over to the young witch and made sure she was alright. "Hey little girl, are you okay?" She nodded her head and grabbed Shun's hand as he offered it to her. "So what's you name?" "My name?" "Yes what do others call you?" "Oh sorry. My name is Cierra the Scarlet Witch." "Can I just call you Cierra?" "Sure thing oh brave knight. The scarlet Witch is just my title." "So Cierra, are you from around here?" "No, I come from a distant land. Was this Dessert you were referring to known as the Zehrada Dessert?" "Yes why?" "My village is only a few miles from there." "Great, another grievance for me to bare on my journey to save the most annoying girl ever." "I won't be of trouble, you need me to get to the dessert." "And why do I need you!?" "Because that dessert is on another continent!" (Sigh)"Fine, I will take you back to your village on the way, as long as you help me get there." "Deal!"

Thus Cierra and Shun became travleing partners as they headed towards the next fountain in the Sorriamo Swamp.
© Copyright 2008 Megaman (UN: tsoalonx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Megaman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619610-The-plan-destined-to-fail