*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619844
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1497953
My entries for Daily Flash Fiction contests
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#619844 added November 28, 2008 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
The Magic Paintbrush Nov 21
So many to choose from, Lana thought. She wanted a four wheel drive. She needed a sub compact. College kids need to think practically, she told herself. The salesman approached her and offered his assistance. She knew nothing about cars, and didn’t like the looks of this guy. She told him she really wanted a truck, but could never afford one.

“Nonsense! We’ve got many in stock and we’re willing to deal!”

“How about a compact?” Lana knew her budget.

“Not concerned with safety then?” she saw the dollar signs in his eyes. They walked the lot when she heard a man yelling at another salesman.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” The man’s face was red with anger. “$500? That’s all you’ll give me for this?” He pointed at his Jeep Wrangler.

The salesman tried to steer Lana away from the angry man, but to no avail. She listened to the other salesman tell the man that the condition of his vehicle merited the low trade-in value.

“This is a great Jeep!” the man yelled. “I took perfect care of it, and there’s nothing wrong with it. You’re nuts if you think I’ll get rid of it for $500!”

“Sir?” Lana broke away from her salesman. “I’ll give you $1000 for it.” That was all she had for a down payment, and knew it would not be enough anyway. The man turned to her and saw her obvious distress at the buying procedure.

“She’ll be good to you,” he started. “She’s never let me down, and you look like you could use a break.”

“I’ve got cash.”

“Then she’s yours. Don’t feel bad, I’m not buying here, either. I can’t stand these high-pressure salesmen.”

Shortly, Lana drove off in her Jeep. Right off the lot, she told herself.

Word Count: 299
© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/619844