*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620351-Pit-Stopping
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #464720
You supply the reading. I'll supply the writing.
#620351 added November 25, 2008 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
Pit Stopping
You don't like me very much do you? Go on, admit it. That eye twitching thing you do is because of me right? Perhaps I'm being paranoid. Perhaps my lack of journal entry posting these last four months hasn't bothered you one bit. Perhaps my atroyceous spellean doesent driv you crazee ether. Perhaps the eye twitching and the stalking and the late night death threat phone calls are just you getting into the holiday spirit. Perhaps you do still care. *Confused* You do don't you? You don't really hate me? Well maybe you do but I can live with that. Awww, I'm touched. *Heart* I'd like to make it up to you for not being around much by writing you a song...make that songs. I'm gonna write oodles of songs all about you. It can be a musical. A musical all about you, starring you, but written by me.

What rhymes with "adorable"? Nothing you-related comes to mind.
How about "sincerely"?
"Beautiful"?
"Fascinating"?
"Wonderous"?
"Flexible"?

I'm not having much luck thinking up you-related words that rhyme and I'm still only on the first line of the first song. This isn't going as well as I had expected. Are you any good at rhyming? I seem to suck at it. How about if you write the you-related songs then? Don't be afraid to brag. I think the more bragging you do the better, but don't mention me. They are meant to be you-related songs afterall.

Moving on then...

I think eggs are truly amazing things, especially considering how they're made. We can't make eggs and we have fingers and thumbs. Chickens don't have fingers and thumbs but they don't need them to make eggs seeing as they make their eggs internally. I think that makes it all the more amazing. They get just the right amount of yolk and white stuff inside each egg, and then seal the shells without leaving a seam...all internally! *Shock* I also think it's amazing how apple trees get their seeds inside of apples. Not quite amazing as chicken eggs but still awesome nevertheless. This makes me wonder where seedless grapes come from.

Humans can be unbelievably selfish and greedy. You'd think we'd learn from our past mistakes but many of us don't. I can't get over the early explores that claimed "undiscovered" lands as their own. It didn't seem to matter to them that people were already living there and had been for hundreds, maybe thousands of years already. This land was now theirs because they "discovered" it and the natives simply didn't matter. Can you imagine if some strangely dressed guys, speaking a strange language turned up in your neighbourhood one day, stuck a flag in your front lawn, and claimed everything for thousands of miles around as their own. Oh, and by the way, you'll now have to learn their strange language, worship their gods and forget all your traditions and ways of doing things coz you are inferiour. If you're really lucky you'll also get a taste of new diseases they brought with them and their new animals and plants will have lots of fun getting along with your local animals and plants. I really admire people that live in harmony with their surroundings...both their environment and their neighbours. Of course they don't get featured in too many action movies...well not as the heros anyways.

I'd like to know who's been putting wax in my ears. It's been going on as long as I can remember. They must do it when I'm alseep.

The local TV news show has a segment called "Weather Watchers" which features weather related drawings sent in by 5 to 10 year olds. I haven't seen one drawing yet that I didn't say "I could do better than that". I'll bet I could kick some serious 5 to 10 year old butt if I sent in a weather related drawing of my own. Mine wouldn't feature smiley face stick people under multicoloured rainbows and smiley face suns. I'd have something different, like preoccupied stick people with tired or confused faces, under a monocoloured rainbow, (all grey or all black), and a tired or confused faced sun. I'd title it " Just Moments Before the Killer Bees Attacked and Killed My Daddy and My Cat Fluffy". (I'd also have a great big swarm of killer bees approaching in the distance) I'd like to hear what the TV news person had to say about my drawing. (She always has something nice to say about all the drawings, no matter how crappy they are)

I'm currently snowed in. We missed a bad snowstorm last week that blasted places fairly close by, but this last storm hit us and hit us hard. The snow is several feet deep and some of the icicles are as tall as me. That's not unusal for wintertime in Canada bit it's not winter yet. It is unsual for us to get this much snow this early. Normally the first snow of the season melts as soon as it touches the ground, or if not, it's gone by the next day. Not this time. We've had several green Christmases recently but I doubt that will be the case this year. I hadn't planned on shovelling this early. I see hours worth of shovelling in my future. I have a ton of stuff to do without adding shovelling to the list.

Bye for now. Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. Eat plenty of cranberries y'all.

Thumb


Turkeys make stuffing internally.



*Right*Check This Out*Right* "The Amazing Race Club *Left*Check This Out*Left*

© Copyright 2008 Thumbsucker (UN: thumbsucker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thumbsucker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620351-Pit-Stopping