*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620958-Friday-November-28-2008
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#620958 added November 28, 2008 at 8:13am
Restrictions: None
Friday, November 28, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008

         "Black Friday?"  Who coined that phrase?  I've been living for fifty years and this is the first I've heard the "biggest shopping day of the year" called "Black Friday."  I wonder what the "black" part means...  Is it because the stores open before dawn and close late in the evening?  My mother enjoys shopping.  The only thing I enjoy about shopping is when it's over; and I'm not sure I approve of this new term, "Black Friday."  =)

         I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving.  I shared a quiet dinner with my ex-husband... though he may not have enjoyed it so much.  I was a little crotchety yesterday. 

         I took a Pilates class on the 20th and my back has been achy ever since.  I've got degenerative issues in my lower spine, along with spinal stenosis.  I found out this week that if you have lower back issues---in the bone---you're not supposed to take Pilates unless you're one-on-one with an instructor who knows about your spinal issues. 

         So Wednesday evening I was sitting with the heating pad and then went to bed early and slept until 11:00 a.m. yesterday.  We went on a long walk before dinner and I felt tired throughout our trek and not in a positive frame of mind.  Yes, me --- I'm not perfect and certainly was far from it yesterday. 

         I got up this morning at 7:00 a.m. and feel much more ready to face the day.  My grandsons will be here around 10:00 a.m.

         May you enjoy this long weekend if you're blessed to be off, and if you're working...  go ahead and enjoy it just the same.  Have another wonderful weekend!

© Copyright 2008 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/620958-Friday-November-28-2008