*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622182-Robots---Dec-4-Prompt
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#622182 added December 4, 2008 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Robots - Dec 4 Prompt

Robots of sorts are making their way into our lives.  We have ovens now that will keep food cool until a preset time at which they heat up and cook your dinner.  Viola!  You casserole is ready when you walk in the door from work.  We wake in the morning to a perfectly brewed pot of coffee at the ready:  all very reminiscent of Rosie from the Jetsons.

We have “robots” to mow out lawn.  We have others who can sweep or vacuum or floors without our assistance.  We have programmable thermostats that will cool or warm our home on command, all the ensure our comfort.

We have voice recognition software and retinal scans for our own security.  Robotics?  Well, I guess that’s pushing it, but it’s on the verge.  Sony has made a robot in a human form and is perfecting the tasks it can do.  Robotics is at the forefront of technology, for good or for bad.  It makes for some great sci-fi when robots take over the Earth causing various problems and destruction… at least in this writer’s mind. 

From computers, the next logical step is robots.  As with computers, they may be great… when they work right, and wreak havoc when they don’t.  Robots, right now, are part science and part science-fiction.  Being the “geak-o-saurus” that I am, a handle given to me by my best friend, I look forward to main stream robots.  It will be interesting to see what simple daily tasks these things will perform for us in the future.  It is also interesting to think of the other side… the “what if…”  What if some nanotechnology implanted in them learned to create more of itself.  What if it learned evil.  What if they decided to take over the world.  All of these questions make the field of robotics fun for an author…. Even if it may be the beginning of the end of the world… Mwaa haaa haa haaa.


** Image ID #1464515 Unavailable **

The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622182-Robots---Dec-4-Prompt