*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623346-Stories---that-never-happened
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#623346 added December 9, 2008 at 1:18pm
Restrictions: None
Stories - that never happened
“When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not” – Mark Twain –

Youth seems to be the time of imagination.  As a writer, I feel lucky knowing that my love of storytelling allows me to never truly leave that time.  There are always stories to be told and, once a person opens his or her mind to those stories, “growing old” never really has to happen.  As I breathe life into my characters, I find I also breathe life into myself.  I have also learned, through writing, not to take myself too seriously.  Criticism and rejection letters are not for those who cannot laugh at themselves or who think that they have the ultimate answer to a prompt.

My love of writing started young and, in the sixth grade, when a story I wrote for a creative writing class was picked to be one of the very few that would be in our library for other students to check out (“just like a real library book,” I excitedly told my mother when I went home that day), I was hooked.  Before school each day I went to the librarian to ask how many people had checked out my book and read it.  Any student checking out a student-written book was asked to answer a few questions about what they thought of the story. 

At that point, I realized there were so many stories to tell – whether they had actually happened or not – and I just may be the person to tell them.  I will never stop writing, no matter the outcome, and I can easily say that: when I am older, I will remember anything, whether it happens or not!


** Image ID #1464515 Unavailable **

The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!

** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623346-Stories---that-never-happened