*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623654-Blind-Date
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#623654 added May 17, 2013 at 5:12am
Restrictions: None
Blind Date
I wandered to the gym this lunch time, after a guilt trip this morning left me feeling I really need to get back on track despite the silly season.

As I meandered through the park in my old clothes, no make up and hair all over the place I crossed paths with a group of young boys just out of school for lunch.

Getting closer, a little blonde lad who must have been all of ten years old suddenly beamed at me and said...

'Hello. Do you think I'm sexy?'

Quite an unanticipated question, but I simply stated that yes, he was very sexy and to just be careful he didn't break too many hearts when he was older.

'Will you have a date with me?' he continued, without a snicker or hint of ridicule in his voice.

'Well I would,' I replied. 'But I'm already married and I think people might think I was your grandmother.'

He just smiled and I continued on my way, chuckling to myself.

I related the tale to my sis on the phone tonight who found it highly amusing. Hubby however was disgusted, muttering about children today being too forward and losing their innocence. Exactly what I was trying to make him see about the grandkids the other day, but it's not worth arguing .

Maybe he has a point , but I found it funny and have to wonder if he's just feeling jealous and threatened yet again. I may have a deep, secret yearning for a toy boy but not one shorter than me whose voice hasn't broken yet.

Besides, I'd need a date who'd share wine with me not orange juice and no way could I be seen out with a local lad. You know how people talk. *Wink*



© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623654-Blind-Date