*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623849
Rated: ASR · Book · Other · #1497953
My entries for Daily Flash Fiction contests
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#623849 added December 11, 2008 at 7:49pm
Restrictions: None
Studying All Night
It was four o’clock. Beth only had four more hours until the test. She had such trouble with Anatomy.
“Maybe another pot of coffee will help,” Beth said, to no one in particular. Her roommate went to bed hours ago. “Lucky Maggie. She’s so smart.” She mused, fumbling with the coffee pot in the dark. As the coffee brewed, Beth looked at the stack of dished in the sink. They’d been there all day, but suddenly they bugged her. She had to do them immediately if not sooner.

By the time the dishes were done, she realized she hadn’t watered the plants. Of course, the cat’s litter box needed to be changed, too. Maybe she should clean the shower? She noticed some soap scum in there this morning.

“Man, this carpet needs vacuuming,” she noticed as she paced, coffee cup in hand. She knew that would wake up Maggie, though, and that would not be fair. She pushed back the drapes and looked up at the street light outside. It had started to snow. Well, she better grab the shovel and get out there!

Beth shoveled like there was no tomorrow. She finished the sidewalk and looked back at the house. Maggie was standing in the doorway in her bathrobe, a cup of coffee in her hand.

“Just what I thought,” Maggie smiled and shook her head. “You’re got that Anatomy test tomorrow, huh?”

Beth said nothing.

“Every time I smell pumpkin spice coffee in the middle of the night and the house is spotless, I know you are avoiding something!” Maggie used her stern ‘Mom’ voice. “You get back in here and sit down at that computer, Young Lady!”

Beth put down the shovel and sulked back inside.

Word Count: 289

** Image ID #1464515 Unavailable **

The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!

** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **
© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623849