*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624186-Dec-12-Global-Disaster-Which-three-books-to-save
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1501759
SWPoet's Journal
#624186 added December 14, 2008 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Dec 12-Global Disaster-Which three books to save?
Global Disaster - Three books

If you are reading this, I wrote a long one at work and thought I put it in my port but apparently I didn't.  On monday the 15th, when I get back to work, I planned to put it here.  But then, I decided to answer the doggone question anyway.
The gist of the whole thing I wrote yesterday is that I would burn shelves before I burn books and if I was in the library with nothing to eat, I would live long enough to burn them all anyway.  If there are others out there, I would be looking for people and food and would have other things to burn than books, I would think.  And by the way, how many matches do we have in this scenario?

As you can see, I am avoiding burning books like I'm avoiding answering this question.  If I were alone, I would save the three longest, most entertaining books to keep me from dying of boredom before I die of starvation.  That would be three of Diana Gabaldon's books in the Outlander series, preferably the last three because they are in America by then and the books are chock full of scientific, historical, midwifery, herbal, livestock, cooking, and so many other aspects of the lives of people in the US around the time just before the American Revolution (even including rum running and the stories of the lives of kings and beggars.  If we just had a global disaster, we may be starting from scratch just like they had to and, although this is fiction, the woman writing it has a Ph.D. in Biology and has an indepth knowledge of the prevention of germs, the way to cook without killing people and the way to prevent diseases, etc.  ON a selfish note, I just love her books and while saving the world is important to me, being dead of boredom would only lead to someone with possibly less respect for books to come take over the library and they just might burn the whole thing down without worrying about saving a book or two. 

And God forbid I ever got in that situation to start with.  Burning books is something I just don't see myself doing, sort of like hunting Bambi.  Especially since my idea of Heaven is being in a huge bookstore or library with no where else to be, no one waiting for me, no need to go eat, go to the restroom, etc.  I lose track of time.  In this scenario, I would probably forget to eat anyway, sitting there in the ailes of bookshelves, crosslegged with a book, and I bet I could find something in that building to cover up with to avoid burning anything if I was cold (providing I even noticed I was cold).  Rare tapestry on the wall? It's comin down.  Then I can die in a warm bed with a good book and be in heaven before I got there.

SWPoet

(Nevermind what I wrote at work, this is better anyway.  And, its shorter. LOL)

Signature created by our dear talented friend, Kelly1202

** Image ID #1265210 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1192380 Unavailable **


** Image ID #swpoet.JPG Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 SWPoet (UN: branhr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SWPoet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624186-Dec-12-Global-Disaster-Which-three-books-to-save