*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624585-Being-snowed-in
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#624585 added December 16, 2008 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Being "snowed in"
“How would you pass the time if you were snowed in this winter?”

This prompt isn’t a difficult one for me.  I know that there will be several more days that, although you might not consider it being “snowed in” per se, I will definitely not leave my house is I don’t have to.  

I don’t really have the option of being “snowed in,” though.  As a restaurant manager in northern Wisconsin, you need to be to work, no matter the weather.  You make the 30-mile trip to work (even if it takes an hour and a half, rather than thirty-five minutes) in all weather.

But it’s not all that bad…. On days off when it’s a blizzard all day… those are the best days!  I curl up with a book, or do some writing or crocheting, and watch the snow fall.  I also like baking on my off time.  Cookies, breads, cakes, pies: when it snows, our home is filled with wonderful smells – and our stomachs with unlimited calories! 

Snow days remind me of waking up in the morning as a child and looking across the street to see if the buses were running yet.  One of the school bus services was located across the highway from my house as a child.  If I woke up in the morning and didn’t see the air full of diesel exhaust over there, I knew the buses weren’t running that day and I would have the day off!  It was always great to be the first to know.  I’d immediately plan my day… what I would do, what I would read, and have my schedule set before anyone else even knew we weren’t going to school.

For me, sometimes the only days that I take a break and do “nothing” for the whole day, is when the weather demands it… so I love snow days and being “snowed in.”  Not only does it bring back great memories of my childhood, but it helps me slow down and create more great memories.


** Image ID #1482463 Unavailable **
The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!
A Simply Positive Group Sig For Reviewers.
** Image ID #1502496 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624585-Being-snowed-in