*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625148-Office-Un-party
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #1500483
Items written for the various flash fiction challenges, whenever the muse strikes.
#625148 added December 19, 2008 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Office Un-party.
"Hey guys, isn't it time for our annual office party?" Mr. Malhotra has staff in a huddle in the main hallway, new arrivals swelling the group. A susurration of ideas builds.

The response is varied but ideas begin to be exchanged with fervour.

"I think we should celebrate it coincide with Christmas - then we can have a Secret Santa."

"Why Christmas? We have more Muslims than Christians –it’s Ramzan, let's have an Iftaar party."

"No, that would mean meat as main motif; we should keep the meat to one additional main course in view of health concerns and preferences."

"No meat? No alcohol is bad enough, now you want to deny red-blooded people their sustenance?"

"Alcohol means tipsy pawing and messy vomit strewn washrooms and maybe even road accidents. Bad idea - let's not encourage people to drink."

"They drink anyway; they'll just spike the punch! You will end up making the woozy zigzag home."

"I think we should have something typically Indian - how about Pav Bhaji?"

"Why don't we invite the street beggars to nasally whine their massacre of the latest Hindi film song? Music to go with the cuisine."

"We'll have a burger party with "Make Your Own" as the gimmick."

"As though I haven't had enough of making my own food! Pav - buns - bread! Carbs are out after six."

“I give up! Maybe we can postpone this for next year.” Malhotra waves a resigned hand to dispel the group.

The lift doors silently part and the boss breezes in – bonhomie flashing in his smile. He tosses his briefcase to Mr. Malhotra who fields it with the expertise of a hundred other occasions. He nudges Malhotra, "Hey guys, isn't it time for our annual office party?"


(292 Words)
Prompt: Write about an office party.



© Copyright 2008 Just an Ordinary Boo! (UN: jyo_an at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Just an Ordinary Boo! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625148-Office-Un-party