*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625782-Winter-cold
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #1151935
My thoughts, emotions, frustrations. In short, my life such as it is.
#625782 added December 23, 2008 at 8:24pm
Restrictions: None
Winter cold
Everyone at the office was getting sick last week and this week it hit 4 of us pretty hard. Stuffy head and chest, bad cough, headache from hell and generally feeling shitty. I haven't had a winter cold for several years and now I do. Grrrrrrrr! I hate being sick. It's bad enough to deal with the rheumatoid in cold weather and now I have a horrible cold. Actually the worst part of mine has been stuffy ears with dizziness from just rolling over in bed! It feels like I am drunk although I don't drink. I hope to God this goes away soon.

I am starting to get the hang of my work tablet pc. I have gotten calls from the Quality control officer for our region with a few minor changes to be approved of by me but other than that she actually told me I am doing better than most newbies. It sure as hell doesn't seem that way. It takes me forever to plug in my assessment findings and then I get a page full of errors I have to go back and redo before I can transmit it. But since this is only my 2nd week seeing patients and doing the assessments on the pc I guess it's not so bad. I will get faster and more efficient with some time I am sure. I have decided to work a half day tomorrow to see a few patients for some of the other nurses so they could take the day off. I am working Friday too but will be off the weekend unless there are admissions in my area that I can do. I could use the money so if there are some admissions in my area I will take those instead of the on call nurse having to do them. Christmas doesn't mean people take off being sick so working on a holiday is no big deal for me.

I received a comment on an entry about my father and the holiday being a hard time. The lady said she had just lost her mother in October and every feeling I documented was exactly how she felt. I mentioned Auburn, which is a town about 25 miles from here with Auburn University there, and she told me she went there and lived in the same town I did! I was so shocked to meet someone her that was from the same town I am. We are talking about a tiny little town in Alabama that only has about 6,000 people. We didn't even become incorporated until a few years ago....LOL. So it really is a small world when you think about it.

This Christmas, I wish for peace in the Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, poachers to stop the killing of wild animals, people to stop the destruction of the rainforest and animal habitats, humans to treat each other with kindness and respect, people who make millions to give generously to charities, and the economy to prosper and stabilize so people can find jobs and buy homes instead of losing them. I'm sure I have forgotten a wish or too but what I want is a nicer, cleaner, more natural earth with caring people. Is that too much to ask? Probably so.

A very Merry Christmas to all and please remember, Jesus is the reason for the season. Happy Birthday to Jesus, the son of God!






© Copyright 2008 Wystful (UN: bookishfilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wystful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625782-Winter-cold