*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625895
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1508687
Belle is stunned by the new kid. Is there more to him than meets the eye?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#625895 added March 9, 2009 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Preface: The Dream
          Fire. Just the word sent shivers down my spine and made my palms tingle. I was completely surrounded by it. The searing flames quickly danced in front of any possible exits until I was completly trapped by the hellish inferno. The smoke coiled and twisted restlessly in the pit of my stomach, choking my lungs in an iron grip and ashes drifted in to my face, burning my skin. I stumbled and tripped over a burning log. I felt my head hit the ground with a thud. My mind filled with a hazy fog. I felt...tired, sleepy. I wanted to sleep. I closed my eyes. The fire was not a restless inferno from hell anymore but a warm, soft blanket. A cold sweep of air made me open my eyes. A ghostly white figure was crouching before me. I screamed and pushed myself back. The figure crept closer and his face became clearer. He was beautiful. His hand coaxed me toward him and I reluctantly crawled toward him. He grabbed my arm and swung my body up into a cradle that his arms were creating. An electric shock went through my body from being this close to such a heavenly creature.  I heard the ominous creak of a log and knew an instant before it happened that it was going to fall. Before it could hit us, he leaped back with what I could only describe as cat-like grace. I was sure of it now. He was no human. An angel, perhaps. I turned my head forward and was blinded by a bright light. Maybe I really was dying. Then I saw green and almost smacked myself in the head for my stupidity. He was taking me outside to the fresh air. The sun was like a beacon compared to the red-orange flames. I smelled the fresh air mingled with the harsh scent of the putrid smoke. He hurried toward the light. Finally we broke through the screen of death to a bright clean world. He laid me on the soft grass. I looked back to the building and gasped. It was gone.


         "Belle? Are you okay?"


I turned back to him only to find him inches from my face. My heart sped up and my breaths were shallow. I felt like I was melting under his gaze. His thick curly black hair was soft as I reached up to touch it. His green eyes were soft too, but confused. Even with the expression he was wearing, he looked like a Greek god carved from marble. I pulled back my hand, realizing he must think I was a dork or a psycho.


         "H...how do you know my name?" I asked. He smiled. I realized his face was still close to mine. His eyes seemed to hypnotize me as I leaned closer to him. His lips looked amazingly soft and kissable. All of a sudden, he jerked back.


         "Is something wrong?" I asked, dazed.


         "Yes, I have to go. But remember, I will be back for a kiss. Especially from a beautiful maiden such as yourself." He stood up and started walking away from me.


         "Wait!" I yelled. But it was no use. He was all ready gone. A small part of my brain was ranting and raving. Who did he think he was just saying he would be back for a kiss? The nerve of him!, I thought. But the majority of my brain wanted to run after him and plant one on him. I sighed and closed her eyes.


© Copyright 2009 FamousUndead (UN: famousundead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FamousUndead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625895