*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625896
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1508687
Belle is stunned by the new kid. Is there more to him than meets the eye?
#625896 added March 9, 2009 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 1: Familiar Stranger
I sat up in my bed. Just a dream. It was just a dream. But... that meant the angel wasn't real. That alone wanted me to curl back up and fall asleep. My alarm clock went off, making me jump. I groaned. The stupid thing sounded like retarded rat screeching at the top of its lungs. I picked it up and threw it across the room. I winced as it shattered against the wall.


                   "Belle?! What was that? That had better not have been your damn alarm clock!! I'm not buyin' you another!!" my mom yelled. I groaned. Now I had to buy another freakin alarm clock. I guess today was just going to another bad day. I heard the tell-tale ring of my cellphone and I knew my best friend Bella was calling. She must have some news that couldn't wait for school. I dug through the piles of clothes until I found my phone.


         "Hello?" I answered.


         "BELLE!!! Get to school now!!!" she screamed.


         "Why? What happened?" I asked frantically. Personally I was hoping Ms. Haller had died. That woman hated children so much it should be a crime. I think she really hated me and Bella because of all the times we fell asleep in her class.


         "THERE'S A NEW KID!!" she screached. Okay, before you say "big deal, it's just a new kid." it is a big deal in this town. Hardly anyone moves here. I can tell why too. This place should be called Dullsville. I hung up instantly and started to get dressed. I kinda doubted the new kid was a hot boy but come on, a girl can dream. I was down the stairs and out the door before my mom could scream at me again. The bus was just pulling up as I made a mad dash down the driveway. I jumped on right before the doors closed.


         "Why are you in such a big hurry?" asked Shakiri in a very snotty voice. Shakiri has hated me and Bella ever since one of our pranks on Ms. Haller backfired on her. I knew I had to lie to her. No way was she getting to the new kid before me.


         "New prank on Ms. Haller." I felt my face get hot. Why did my face have to turn red every time I lied?


         "You're lying. I know about the new kid. And news flash, that hottie is all mine." Shakiri grinned triumphantly. Damn, so she knew. At least I was right about it being a guy. Unless Shakiri was a lesbian... The bus pulled up to the school and I raced Shakiri off the bus. It was a close race with me in the lead. I hit the brakes when I saw Bella walking toward me with none other than the new guy. Shakiri had been right too. That guy should be a runway model. Shakiri slunked off defeated while I tried to put my hair back into place. I stopped when I realized something. His face was stunningly familiar.


         "Hey, Belle!! Meet Braedyn Nyx." Bella grinned. He looked confused for a moment.


         "Are you two twins?" he asked. His voice was like that of an angel... My half formed thought was rudely interupted by Bella's laughing.


         "No, but everyone calls us the twins anyway." Bella said sweetly. He smiled understandingly. My brain snapped back into thinking mode. My dream! That's why he looked familiar. He looked like the guy in my dream! The bell rang making me jump.


         "I better go. I don't want to be late on my first day of school! See ya!" He walked away cheerfully.


         "Belle are you okay? You seem to be spacing out." Bella asked nervously. Bella always got worried when I spaced out. It was a joke between us that one day I would space out and not come back.


         "Uh, yeah I'm okay. Let's get to class." I mumbled.


                   


© Copyright 2009 FamousUndead (UN: famousundead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FamousUndead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625896