*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626060
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1508687
Belle is stunned by the new kid. Is there more to him than meets the eye?
#626060 added March 9, 2009 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2: Returning
Hands shoved in his pockets, he walked down the street. The street shops were decked with holiday decorations. People were hurrying, trying to get their last minute shopping done. Up in the sky the moon was a full circle. He sighed. He knew he could not wait forever. The changes were already starting. A small girl walked up to him.


         "Hey mister, you want some candy?" she asked. He smiled and shook his head. A frantic mother ran up to him and claimed the child. It made him sad to see families so happy. He could never see his again. The lights in the street flickered and went out, sending shoppers in their cars and nearby shops. The wind picked up and whipped his hair in a frenzy. It was time. He could not remain in this world long. He exited the dark street into an even darker side alley. The wind was quiet here but there was an odd sensation in the air. The air twisted and convulsed in front of him. He stepped up to it and let his fingers trail across the surface. It saddened him to think of returning to that horrid world. Earth was so much more... chaotic. Ether was too peaceful for him. Well, right now it wasn't but it used to be. He left Ether a few years ago to watch over the Prince of Ether. It had become much to dangerous for the prince to remain there much longer. During their escape, he had whispers of war, and slithering rumors of the new tyrants controlling his home world, Dementia and Desdemona. He shuddered at their names. When he had left, they had been evil soceresses exiled to Mount Alagasia, home of everything with dark and disturbing minds. The air before him seemed to beckon him foreward. At least in Ether I can change back to my true state when I want to, he thought. He stuck his hand in the portal. With one last glance around, he vowed to come back.


         "Someday I, Nathec , will return to Earth." he whispered his oath as if he was afraid of being overheard. A brilliant flash of light filled the alleyway, and he was gone. The wind stirred the leaves and all was silent.


© Copyright 2009 FamousUndead (UN: famousundead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FamousUndead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626060