*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626081-The-Christmas-Hamburger
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#626081 added December 25, 2008 at 6:49pm
Restrictions: None
The Christmas Hamburger

The restaurant where I work is open, for a few hours, on Christmas Day.  We had our Christmas Dinner at home on Christmas Eve, so I volunteered to work Christmas Day.  We had many people in who, otherwise, had no one to spend Christmas with.  They were very happy to have a place to go, and we had a lot of fun with them.  One couple in particular came in just for coffee, but then ordered a hamburger and fries to go… with lots of raw onion.  Upon talking to the couple more, I found they were going to see his father in a nursing home.  This hamburger was a special treat for him.  I was a cook/supervisor in a nursing home for quite a while years ago.  Although we did the best we could with our food, it obviously was not restaurant food… so, I agreed that this was a special treat.  Throughout the day, we had several more people come in to eat and take food to go:  a few ham dinners and things like that.  Each of them were brining food to an elderly relative or friend who could not get out for dinner for one reason or another.  I thought the sentiment was great.  So, today, on Christmas Day, even working was a celebration of sorts.  Overall, this has been a great, and simple, Christmas season thus far.


** Image ID #1482463 Unavailable **
The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!
A Simply Positive Group Sig For Reviewers.
** Image ID #1502496 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **
A Sig from Goob
218143218143

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626081-The-Christmas-Hamburger