*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626760-Dec-30---Blogging-experience-and-this-challenge
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1501759
SWPoet's Journal
#626760 added December 30, 2008 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
Dec 30 - Blogging experience and this challenge.
Dec 30 Prompt:
"BLOG about a take on the experience of blogging for 31 days, mention the prompt scene etc. And include whatever you like."

Until this challenge, I had no interest in doing a blog.  I have written in journals before, and have numerous books with about ten pages written in them.  Never have I stayed with it for an entire month before.  I have written more poetry just because I’m already at the computer writing about the prompt and inspiration hits.  I don’t particularly like the idea of my personal business out there for everyone to see (as if you can’t find a veritable autobiography in some of my poetry if you looked hard enough).  As an exercise in writing and discipline and as a chance to see what others think about a particular belief or idea, it has been fun.  I would like to continue doing the 365 day challenge for the discipline of writing daily.  Some of the prompts were pretty goofy, and some were extremely thought provoking.  A few were downright odd but I found them to be the most rewarding when I finally came up with something to write.  I like the idea of people suggesting the prompts but I wouldn’t have minded a weeks worth of prompts at a time, already written out, so if I know I’m going to be busy the next day, I can go ahead and work on it.  I know this defeats the daily routine of it but it also keeps there from being a gap if the prompt chooser wasn’t actively participating for those of us who try to do them early if possible.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed this process and will continue.  I might even make my blog unrestricted (right now its only accessible to those in this challenge forum.)  Thanks Earl and everyone else for the prompts and the feedback. 

SWPoet


Signature created by our dear talented friend, Kelly1202

** Image ID #1192380 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1467193 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1265210 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2008 SWPoet (UN: branhr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SWPoet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626760-Dec-30---Blogging-experience-and-this-challenge