*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627092-BEGINNING-OF-A-YEAR-OF-CHANGES----MY-12-GOALS
by SWPoet
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1501759
SWPoet's Journal
#627092 added December 31, 2008 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
BEGINNING OF "A YEAR OF CHANGES" : MY 12 GOALS
END OF 31 DAY CHALLENGE BLOG

BEGINNING OF "A YEAR OF CHANGES" BLOG

REQUIREMENTS FOR GROUP:
Set up a new blog. It doesn't have to be available for the masses, but must be accessible by the group.  DONE

Post blog item number in group forum.

Come up with 12 goals (one for each month of the year) and post in the blog body at the top.
PERSONAL:

1. I will work toward acceptance of the boring and mundane tasks at work so that I will stop avoiding them and make my work life more enjoyable.
2. I will work toward doing each task with my full concentration (at work and at home) so that I finish things in a timely manner and reduce stress of being late.
3. I will work toward reacting less to my 3 yo and spend more energy teaching him to manage his own emotions a little better. 
4. I will spent time each night preparing clothes and my school age son's snack/backpack so that mornings are less stressful (and I get to work on time).
5. I will learn to surrender to a bedtime that allows me to be at my best the next day and start spending those last few minutes before sleep with my
    husband  to strengthen our marriage (instead of putting him in the position of "reminding" me to come on to bed).
6. I will spend some quality one on one time with my nuclear family members (husband/children) and extended family (mother, father, etc) to strengthen our
    relationships with each other (in parents' cases-as adults instead of child/parent relationships). 

WRITING RELATED

1. I will submit poetry/short stories to outside journals, contests, or publications at least once a month or at least twelve in the next twelve months. 
2. I will make every effort to write daily and produce either a poem/story, journal entry, review another person's work or edit a work already done every day.
3. I will make a better effort to write only during acceptable periods at work so as not to make writing a negative issues with my job. 
4. I will keep open to the urge to create by writing when I am inspired (although this might need to be on a scrap of paper at work and typed at home.)
5. I will take part in at least two wdc activities per month such as classes, contests, journaling groups, etc. where I actually produce something while
    maintaining contact and helping run the other groups where I'm a member (auctions, forums, raffles, participation in guided discussions).
6. I will make a real effort to review something in a person's port each time they review something in mine in addition to the reviews required for the various
    groups or classes in which I participate.

HOW IT WORKS:

Each month, we'll focus on either a personal or writing goal.

You are required to post in your blog at least once a week, though hopefully more.

Share your accomplishments, your struggles, your joys, and your frustrations.

Leaders will host occassional writing challenges (with prizes!) concerning our goals/changes.

At the end of each month, leaders will award prizes based on participation, encouragement, etc., as they see fit.

We even offer PERSONAL ENCOURAGERS for that "one-on-one" help to keep you on track!






Signature created by our dear talented friend, Kelly1202

** Image ID #1192380 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1467193 Unavailable **

** Image ID #1265210 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2008 SWPoet (UN: branhr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SWPoet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627092-BEGINNING-OF-A-YEAR-OF-CHANGES----MY-12-GOALS