*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629020
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1514532
Set in the 95th Millenium Xavier Daystar Has returned to fullfill a prophecy
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#629020 added January 11, 2009 at 4:33am
Restrictions: None
11th Jan 2009 - 524 words
PROLOGUE


Location - Balance Museum


Date - 27th Dec 95th Millenium





The room was rather spacious, nearly fifteen metres square Along the left wall was an array of computer banks, monitors and all manner of electrical equipment; on the remaining three walls, from floor to ceiling was the most elaborate bookcase made from five hundred year old Old English Oak. The shelves were filled with a variety of codexes, tomes, manuscripts and modern day books spaning the totality of Human knowledge.





I knew it wasn't real, just a Hologramatic memorial to the place where the Twelve and I had planned and engineered the the golden age of the first Terran Empire all those thousands of years past.....





"Excuse me sir, but no one's supposed to be in this room" a timid, youthful voice stated from behind me.





"I'm sorry lad, I just wanted to remember where it al began before it ends. I didn't mean any harm." I replied as I turned to face the young chief curator of the Pre-Terran Museum.





He had entered so silently I hadn't even heard the door slide open.





"Oh, I know how you feel sir" he rambled on, not stopping to register my reply. "This room, out of the enire museum, is my personal favourite. I can spend hours here watching Him and his Twelve plan the restoration of the Glorious Balance, Search for clues to lost technology and knowledge, forever on their guard from the High Earth Council......"





"Sorry Sir, did you say 'Before it ends'?" finally acknowledging me, "before what ends? It sounded like you were here at the 'Time of Restoration!"





"Son." I said, standing to my full seven and half feet, " The Twelve and I were foolish to think that you apes had grown up, all those millenium ago, to handle life of this god forsaken mudball. But we were wrong, you have all just fallen straight back into the same state of affairs that we were trying to end back then. I have watched and I have learnt, and I fnally understand what needs to be done. The Prophecy calls out to be completed, and it will be. When it is done, my beloved Balance willbe finally set free."





By this time my young companion was as white as a sheet, his back hard to the wall, as if he could dissolve into it and disappear. I knw it was a mistake coming here today, but I had to make sure I was making the right....





"You...You...Your XAVIER!! No. It can't be. You would be over ninty thousand years old. It's Impossible!"





Thump!!





He had fainted, dead away.





As I looked around the room one last time I leaned into his prone body and whispered,





"It's okay, Young Xavier. You just might like what we do here...."





With that said, I left.





XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX





When young Xavier awoke, the room was empty, the hologram had shutdown and on each wall was b one line....








'IT END'S HERE!!!!'





"Oh Shit Grandpa, What have you done?" he sighed as he fainted away once more.





CHAPTER ONE


Location - Unknown


Date - Same day 6pm

© Copyright 2009 Natasha DayStar (UN: natashadaystar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Natasha DayStar has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629020