*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631267-WARNING-Politics-Up-Ahead
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#631267 added January 22, 2009 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
WARNING! Politics Up Ahead.
As you well know, I refrain from discussing politics in this blog. That's what my other one ( http://almarquardt.wordpress.com ) is for. However, I make an exception in this case because I twist it to bring in a little God.

My Hope Is in Jesus

All this talk about how we must all set our values, our concerns, fears and support our new President, and hope for his success is a bit disheartening.

Why, I ask. Why must I give up who I am and what I believe simply to make one man’s life a little more comfortable?

I could argue how my president is not my country. I could continue to pound into your head that although a leader has recited an oath to support and defend our Constitution doesn’t mean he will always keep that promise. I could spend pages and pages describing all my concerns about our country’s future both small and large.

I likely won’t stop, but at the same time, I will neither place all my hope in President Obama, my congressman or senators — to either succeed or to fail. To do so will invariably result in a profound disappointment. No matter how smart, ambitious, well-spoken, well-dressed or talented a person is, he or she is just as prone to making mistakes as the rest of us.

I therefore place my hope in Jesus. He may not fix the economy, or guarantee I will always have a job or a house to live in. He promised none of us an easy life. He will, however, always give us the strength and wisdom to walk through those dark valleys. Because he is God and perfect in every way, he lives up to his promises and will never make excuses as to why something could not be done.

It’s possible the United States of America has reached the end of her greatness. We may become a land of the chained instead of the land of the free.

In the end it matters naught. Just as none of us leaves this world alive, the same is true for every nation. I will continue to speak out and write my representatives when they violate the Constitution, but at the same time, even as my country crumbles around me, I rejoice that we will someday see God face to face in a world without pain, fear and despair.

Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Psalms 25:5


© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631267-WARNING-Politics-Up-Ahead