*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632149-Classic-New-England-Winter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Elysia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Environment · #1269688
Welcoming the city-withered...
#632149 added January 26, 2009 at 4:29pm
Restrictions: None
Classic New England Winter
Finally, winter lives up to its frosty promise, and we've had snowfall after snowfall..There is an inescapable peace to snowfall; those moments of unadulterated silence when the world seems cloaked in cotton.  One snow stuck to the trees, picking each branch out in a tracing of white, and, instead of melting rapidly the next day, remained for several days.  One evening, as a pale peach sunset stained the sky, I drove by a snowcovered rural cemetery that was shrouded in a gentle mist rising from the ground.  The distance was obscured by the snowfog, so that vast fields disappeared into a gossamer wall.  Highways take on a new charm, and snow combined with bright, crisp blue skies makes me exclaim 'Isn't it gorgeous?'. 

Winter of '09 is proving a delight, despite the slick bits of road that make my trusty dinosaur (one of those elite few SUVs that is sans 4x4) switch her posterior friskily, despite the numbing cold that turns the blood in my veins and the heating oil thick and viscous, so that both are chilled to a standstill in the morning..

© Copyright 2009 Elysia (UN: elysia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elysia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632149-Classic-New-England-Winter