*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632630
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1089193
Will they escape or die trying?
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#632630 added January 28, 2009 at 11:25pm
Restrictions: None
Part Two
(I'm not titling them as chapters until I can decide how much I want in a chapter)
Once Troy and I were in the tunnel, I felt claustrophobic. The air was suffocating with moisture, the ground was covered with a thick mud that threatened not to release you feet, and there was a horrible odor that stung my eyes. On top of that, it was too dark for me to be able to see, and, from what it sounded like, it was the same case for Troy. I felt my way along the wall, feeling hole and bugs that were on it. At one point, my hand came across something hard that had holes in it, but Troy pulled me down a differet corridor before I could figure out what it was.
"Why did she let us go?" I asked, my voice sounding too loud in the cramped space.
"She's one of the few in charge who's managed to keep their wits about them in the midst of this mayhem. She know it's not them, but the game itself that's doing it," he explained. I noticed how sharp,almost angry he sounded.
"What's wrong?"
"What do you mean?" he asked. I could tell he was looking at me, feeling his eyes peering through the darkness to glare at me accusingly.
"Why are you so upset?" I emphasized the last word.
We'd reached a point where there was a dim amount of light, allowing me to see his face now. He was still glaring.
"Who said I was upset?"he demanded.
"Your face says it for you. Now what's bothering you?"
I went to hold my place and there was a sort of sucking sound as my foot sank into the mud making it easier for me to stay where I was when Troy tried to drag me along.
He hesitated, obviously not as trusting as he once was, "Fine," he half growled,"I've been looking for months to try and find Rhysln but every lead turns up false," he mumbled.
"Now why was that so hard? And don't worry, we'll figure it out. Leveran can't hide from us forever," I smirked then popped my foot from the mud and continued to follow him out.
We came to the stairs that led out and Troy helped me out first. I put my hands on the marble block that surrounded the exit and lifted myself above ground. I gotall the way before looking around.
"A cemetery. How fitting," I blinked and turned to Troy as he pulled himself out as well, "Where are we going from here?" I asked,hoping he did have a plan to get out of that cemetery. It was rather creepy in my standards.
"The town that's about a mile away from here," He pointed in the direction we were going in, "I have someone waiting there."
I nodded then sighed, "I wonder where Edward is."
Troy didn't act like he heard me and headed for the exit of the cemetery. I ran my hand over top of my chest, having felt something there.I lifted a little silver chain there was a silver oval hanging off of it. There was a mini latch, which I undid, and the oval opened. Inside there were two pictures. One of a brown haired girl with chocolate brown eyes. I recognized this light tanned sin girl to be my sister, Rhysln. The other side of the oval had a picture of a male with shaggy black hair and bright blue eyes, highlighted almost by his pale skin. It was my beloved Edward.
"Nautica,come on!" Troy called to me impatiently. I followed,now wondering how bad I looked. Trivial really, but I knew I wassn't clean looking like I was when I had been kidnapped in Pheoin. My hair was matted in places,and I could just feel that I was dirty. I nearly gagged at the idea of being in those dungeons again, the smell on my clothes and hair bringing the memories back fresh. I ran a couple of steps to catch up with Troy and I looked up at him. His own skin was naturally a bit darker than mine or my sisters, due to the fact he had Spanish way back in his family, but his eyes seemed darker, and he did in general whenever his black hair fell into his face. He caught me looking and scowled, "What?"he demanded. I didn't answer, but turned and looked ahead. I slowed my steps again to fall in behind him on the narrow path.
"Watch out!" Someone shouted and the next thing I knew, some guy had me pinned to the ground right as an arrow whizzed by where my head had been, "Stay down, madame, all will be taken care of shortly," the guy told me.
"What's going on?!" I asked, some what short of startled. I glanced around the guy to see Troy had crouched down behind a rock. The fact he was trying to kill this man showed that he was an ally of some sort.
"Simple confusion of the villagers is all," the guy explained.
"Soloman's probably fixing it now. Am I right, Marcus?" Troy asked, sounding fairly annoyed.
"Or at least on his way to. Coming out of the cemetery doesn't exactly comfort them, ya know," Marcus smirked. He was a young looking guy, with cropped black hair, tan like a person who lived on the beach, and he had hazel eyes, one with a fairly fresh looking scar across it.
"Vampires use it a lot, huh?"I sighed,glad to be in the loop now, "Um, can you get off?"
"Not until Soloman gives the signal.Those villagers will think you've bitten me or something if I do," he gave me a cheesy grin.
"So why do they trust you and this Soloman fellow?" I raised a brow. This was starting to make no sense again.
"Because werewolves and vampires are arch enemies. I say...were you in one of those things dungeon's, madame?" he nose crinkled.
"Actually yes, they dd. I'm surprised though that you don't know my name. All the vampires did," I smirked with contentment.
"Wait, are you Nautica?"
"Never mind then," I frown immediately, growling with aggravation.
"Sorry, Troy told me about you when I asked why he was going into the passage way," he ducked his head sheepishly.
"I'm still waiting to find someone who doesn't know about me," I muttered as I tried to push Marcus off, "Not that I don't enjoy your company, but I would like some breathing space," I told him, sarcasm thick in my voice.
He sighed, looking towards the semi visible wall that surrounded the village, unaffected by my pushing, then got off, helping me to my feet, "All's clear."
© Copyright 2009 lora-lye (UN: fan1872 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lora-lye has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632630