*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633035-Welcome-to-My-Laboratory
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#633035 added January 30, 2009 at 11:53pm
Restrictions: None
Welcome to My Laboratory
Andra saunters into the laboratory and switches on the florescent lights. The hum of the lights mix with the squeaking furnace fans, and the tiny cries of her little furry charges.

Music, sweet music.

She dons her white lab coat, still stiff from the cleaners.

No matter, Andra thinks. The fabric will loosen shortly.

She approaches the many cages of little white rats with a smile. They squeak and try to climb the glass in joyful anticipation of their breakfast.

"Hello, my friends," Andra says.

She opens each cage and tosses in her latest experimental concoction. Singing a soft, wordless song, she once again hopes and prays the slapped-together ingredients provide all the sustenance and hungry desire the rats need.

Andra sits in a stool in the middle of the room, places a notebook on her lap and watches in eager anticipation for her creatures' response . . .

This image unfolded a few nights ago right after I went to bed. I was smart enough to write it down -- one of the few times I ever do.

But what does it all mean?

In sifting through previous entries for articles and reading the comments, I discovered my blog is in essence an experiment. I write my thoughts on religion, current events, my little life in general and sometimes on the lives of others. Your comments help determine if I succeeded or not.

Thank you, my furry -- and oh so cute -- little lab rats for helping me find a few jewels.

So far out of my previous blog I found six potentials. With some editing, I think they'll work well to present to magazine editors, if not at the conference, I can try other publications later:

"A Math Problem
"Little-Bacterium-Me
"Don’t call me Beautiful
"I don’t want to be happy
"And God Whispered:
"The condition of my Bible

I don't expect you to read them all; this is more so I can keep track of them.

Make that seven: "A God’s Eye View

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633035-Welcome-to-My-Laboratory