*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633727-By-Popular-Request-
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#633727 added May 14, 2014 at 1:54pm
Restrictions: None
By Popular Request ...
Myself and friends in the snow.



I hunted out the old Newspaper picture I mentioned in yesterday's blog entry. I know it's a bit grainy and yellowed, but looking at the fashions of the era, you'll realise what an ancient photograph it is. That doesn't help boost my ego on a cold winter's day, when snow lies frozen on the ground and I'm still low from the latest bug, but I guess I have to be grateful I'm still here all these years later.

I remember that day so clearly still; the anticipation of continuing work on our playground snowball and the excitement of the press arriving at school. I'm still that little girl in my head, or maybe more of the teenager she was so longing to become back then. A case of if I'd known then what I know now and proof wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age.

Of course I can pick myself out easily from the photo but can you? No prizes for guessing but it might stroke my damaged ego if others confirmed I haven't changed a bit since I was eight. *Laugh* Go on, I dare you. I promise not to throw snowballs at you if you guess wrong.


© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633727-By-Popular-Request-