*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636802-Chapter-4-The-Confession
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1523653
Story of a vampire prince and how his life is playing out differently than anyone planned
#636802 added March 17, 2009 at 6:14am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 4: The Confession
Said, "It's the young man that arrived with my betrothed."


Both girls looked at each then smiled and Persephone said, "He is a gorgeous one isn't he." and nudged her brother gently and smiled.


The prince looked surprised at this reaction and looked up at his sister and nodded his agreement. The girls smiled and started talking about the boys that had arrived the night before and Alexandros sat listening and staring at the candle flames again. They all sat talking softly for a few hours and laughing. The maid had brought refreshments a few times also. Xailon heard the laughing and was curious and went to his sister's chamber and knocked. The laughing and talkign stopped abruptly and her maid answered the door. He walked in and saw his little brother and sister sitting ona finely decorated couch smiling but his little brother began to shake when he saw his older brother.


Xailon smiled at Alexandros and went into the room and smiled. Alexandros watched his older brother warily before motioning for him to come in and sit with them. Persephone smiled and said, "Hi Xailon! come on in and sit with us. Andros you cold?" She said as she noticed her brother shaking.


Xailon came farther into the room and sat on one of the ornately upholstered chairs and motioned for the maid to bring him a drink. He then smiled and said "I heard the merriment in here and came to join in."


"Oh alright. We were just laughing and talking." Persephone said and scooted closer to Alexandros.


Xailon looked at them and smiled before saying, "I heard. What were you two talking about dear sister?"


"Nothing important." Alexandros blurted out.


His brother and sister looked at him then laughed nervously then Persephone said, "I wonder what our sisters are up to."


Both young men looked at her curiously before saying in unison, "Lets find out!"


They all walked to Persephone's door and peeked out into the hall to make sure no one was walking down the hall. Then they tip toed out of the room and down the hallway towards their sisters' room. The other princesses all preferred sharing one large room painted in separate colors for each girl. Each also had their own canopy bed and seating areas. They were all wide awake and talking loudly and did not hear their siblings sneak in through their entry door quietly. Alexandros peeked around the corner as quietly as possible before signaling for the others to jump out and surprise the girls. Then right when they were about to jump out one of the girls said, "Get in here and have some nectar you guys. Its so fresh and delicious." Then she giggled.


They all looked surprised and walked out from he entry hall and sat down and sulked for a bit before drinking some of the wonderful nectar. The girls were all giggling away about the young men that had recently arrived and mentioned the handsome dark haired one and without thinking Alexandros whispered ," He is gorgeous isn't he?"


Everyone stopped to look at him and about 3 of them had their mouths gaping open at their brother. Xailon looked shocked beyond speaking and said in a quiet almost dangerous whisper, "What did you say little brother?"


Alexandros turned a paler white than his normal pale skin tone and shook his head and got up and ran out of the room as fast as his powers would allow. He streaked through the castle and made his way out to his black and blue rose garden. The vines were hanging nicely and created a small secluded spot for him to hide. He crawled up on a ledge and picked one of his roses then sat on the fountain ,that he had made the spring before, and began thinking to himself. He was so deep in thought he didn't notice his brothers standing in the alcove opening watching him. They however noticed him and the black tears on his cheeks.


They walked in slowly and quietly and surrounded him then sat down around the fountain. Alexandros looked up at them then hid has face in against his knees. Two of his brothers reached out gently and hugged him then others each took a turn to hug him then they all sat and Xailon being the eldest stood and walked to kneel in front of his little brother and tapped his forehead and said, "Look at me Andros."


Alexandros looked up at him timidly and whispered, "Please don't hate me...I can't help it. I'm sorry." And black tearsbegan to roll down his cheeks again.


Xailon said, "No one hates you. But we must speak to father about this Andros. He would never force you to do this if he knew. He does have a heart. Even if it is rather cold." He then hugged his brother and then all his brothers converged on their frail brother and hugged him til he had stopped shaking.


Then all the brothers got up slowly and made their way to the throne room. As they got closer they formed a protective circle around Alexandros and walked slower. He was so much smaller than his brothers that looking at the group you would never even see him in the middle of the tall handsome young men walking around him. King Alcaeus was seated on his throne listening to a few dignitaries drone on about the borderlands being unable to produce enough food to pay taxes when the brothers entered.


The dignitary was immediately dismissed when he saw all his sons enter and waved them to stand before him. They walked over and spread out into a perfectly striaght line, a procedure they had practiced since being toddlers, and knelt before their father. He smiled at his sons, the pride of life, and motioned for Alexandros to sit in his throne next to him. When the young Prince shook his head he looked at his son curiously and saw the black tear stains, something only a family member would recognize as tear stains, on his cheeks and motioned for the room to be cleared and summoned a messenger to have his wife brought in. The brothers were all seated in their thrones positioned around the throne room and Alexandros refused to be seated. His brothers were all sitting and watching him protectively, ready to pounce if any harm came his way.


Their mother Queen Zosime finally entered the room and made her way to her throne, watching her smallest son who was kneeling in front of her husband curiously the entire time, and sat down. She made a show of adjusting her skirts just right to and then her crown encrusted with blood red rubies before settling in and saying to her husband, "What is it My Dear Husband?"


King Alcaeus said, "Our son has something very important to tell us I believe. I wished for you to be here as well for the news My Wife."


Alexandros took a few deep shaky breaths and looked to Xailon for reassurance and said in a timid voice, "Father..Mother...I must decline the betrothal to Princess Gariella on the basis that I am not attracted to females."


He stopped after saying it expecting a smack or kick from his father but not for his mother to rush down from her throne and hug him tightly and whisper, "It's about time Darling."


His father sat in his throne watching his wife hug son then looked at his other sons and said, "I was wondering what it would take for him to tell us. Xailon before me now." He motioned for his son to stand before him.


Xailon moved quickly to the spot before his father and knelt swiftly and gracefully. King Alcaeus grabbed his sword and stood and tapped hsi eldest son's shoulder gently then signaled for Xailon to stand. When he did he said to entire family, "I now present Crown Prince Xailon Demetrius Andover."


The entire family rose up cheering and clapping and then they all rushed to hug Xailon and Alexandros. Then Princess Gariella was summoned and brought and King Alcaeus said to her, "My future Daughter may I introduce to you your betrothed Xailon. My eldest son and Crown Prince to our Kingdom."


Xailon for the first time in his entire life turned bright red and kissed her daintily extended hand.





Αλεξανδρος
© Copyright 2009 Αλεξ (UN: irishfire986 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Αλεξ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636802-Chapter-4-The-Confession