*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640186-Friday-March-13-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#640186 added March 13, 2009 at 7:41am
Restrictions: None
Friday, March 13, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009

         Friday is finally here.  Yes! 

         I have two appointments today -- 1pm with a pain specialist and 5:30pm with a physical therapist.  So, I'll take a late lunch and hopefully be back by 2pm at the latest.  Then I can leave at regular time because thirty minutes is plenty of time to meet my 5:30pm obligation. 

         I had the mirror fixed on the driver's side of my car.  I was run off the road on Monday.  I couldn't get out of her way and off the road fast enough.  I saw a mailman walking by on his route who quickly said he saw the whole thing --- heard me beeping and saw the big green SUV keep coming until my side mirror was knocked completely off.  You're my witness!  I said as I was still wondering whether or not whoever was driving the SUV was going to stop or just keep driving.  (I guess I should clarify I have ongoing back problems certainly not resulting from this accident.)

         Finally, seventy-eight year old grandma got out of the driver's side of the SUV.  I asked, Didn't you hear me beeping?  She said that her grandkids had their music too loud and she didn't hear a thing.  She was a nice lady -- didn't leave the scene and didn't try to deny she ran me off the road.  (You never know these days what to expect.)  I was gratefully surprised.

         While we waited for a police officer we chatted and then I called my insurance company to report the accident.  He wrote the ticket up as "an event."  He said he would make a police report if that was what we wanted.  (I couldn't imagine asking him to write a police report against this old lady who was a little over the ages of my parents.)  In hindsight, I hope that wasn't a mistake because I certainly want to be reimbursed for the damage to my car.

         When I called the post office the following day and asked who was on the route and told a Supervisor named Marie what happened.  She asked for his description and then told me it must have been a sub but she would locate him and ask him to call.  I called again two days later and Maria said she gave him my number but he told her he really didn't see much and still hasn't called me.  My first thought:  What goes around, comes around.  One day he'll be in the same predicament with the same sort of dumb-founded witness.  I've been praying he has a change of heart and will give me a call.  We'll see.

         I've chatted enough and don't have time to proofread what I've written.  I have to get ready for work!! 

         Have a great Friday!


© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640186-Friday-March-13-2009